Bioshock Thread

Wizard

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least a few of those reviews were from magazines, who get the game before us consumers for the purposes of reviewing it. They spend every waking hour of their existence playing games so they can tell us what's good and what's bad.

Yeh but I mean how many of them play it enough to give a decent review. I imagine a lot of them play through the first 20 minutes, decide Bioshock is awesome, and write their 10/10 review because they figure 'hey, everyone is doing it'. They'll probably go and play more afterward but the review is written and the score is out, whether the game gets better or worse after the first 20 mins.

Looks like someone has a shoe up in thier ass. Ive seen gameplay videos and they impress me. Ive seen tutorials on how you have to do it and what happens throughout the story line and it impressed me. Ive tried it out and it also has impressed me. The only thing i did not do is play the game from start to finish. Take it easy. It is my opinion so you can just ignore it or take it in. And about the water graphics, i was just agreeing with Magnis on his review of the game.

PS: If i were you I would get that shoe out of my ass befor it does some serious damage.

Why are you taking this personally? I only asked how you can say no doubt this game deserves a 10 when all you had to say was the water effects 'kick ass'. Stop being so touchy.

I can see how you can get so riled up. If I followed every little detail of a game all throughout its development I wouldn't want to even think that it might disappoint either. :o And lol about getting that shoe out of my ass... its funny someone from Palestine is telling me not to be tightly wound.

I don't find it hard to believe that the game is getting such good reviews. It seems to be doing a lot of things right and the developer has a proven track record of making excellent games, however most of them have sold poorly. It's so awesome that Ken Levine and his team at Irrational will finally get the recognition they deserve.

Well at least a few of those reviews were from magazines, who get the game before us consumers for the purposes of reviewing it. They spend every waking hour of their existence playing games so they can tell us what's good and what's bad.

Yeh but I mean how many of them play it enough to give a decent review. I imagine a lot of them play through the first 20 minutes, decide Bioshock is awesome, and write their 10/10 review because they figure 'hey, everyone is doing it'. They'll probably go and play more afterward but the review is written and the score is out, whether the game gets better or worse after the first 20 mins.

Looks like someone has a shoe up in thier ass. Ive seen gameplay videos and they impress me. Ive seen tutorials on how you have to do it and what happens throughout the story line and it impressed me. Ive tried it out and it also has impressed me. The only thing i did not do is play the game from start to finish. Take it easy. It is my opinion so you can just ignore it or take it in. And about the water graphics, i was just agreeing with Magnis on his review of the game.

PS: If i were you I would get that shoe out of my ass befor it does some serious damage.

Why are you taking this personally? I only asked how you can say no doubt this game deserves a 10 when all you had to say was the water effects 'kick ass'. Stop being so touchy.

I can see how you can get so riled up. If I followed every little detail of a game all throughout its development I wouldn't want to even think that it might disappoint either. :) And lol about getting that shoe out of my ass... its funny someone from Palestine is telling me not to be tightly wound.

I didnt take it personally, just explaining what i ment by my review. It just sounded like your were pissed off by my statement and i had to explain it. And about the shoe...not all palestinians are alike :o (surprising, i know).

I dont know if you guys know this but in the system req. page they show that it reqiures a 8600 or better (in the recommeded part). Does that mean it will not be able to support 8500 at all?

I can see how you can get so riled up. If I followed every little detail of a game all throughout its development I wouldn't want to even think that it might disappoint either. :) And lol about getting that shoe out of my ass... its funny someone from Palestine is telling me not to be tightly wound.

I didnt take it personally, just explaining what i ment by my review. It just sounded like your were pissed off by my statement and i had to explain it. And about the shoe...not all palestinians are alike :o (surprising, i know).

I dont know if you guys know this but in the system req. page they show that it reqiures a 8600 or better (in the recommeded part). Does that mean it will not be able to support 8500 at all?

I believe that's the recommended requirements. You'll just need to not play at max settings.

Been very busy with this game lately, already dumped 20+ hours so far. This is by far the best fps game yet imho. Not even half life1/2 comes close to match it's greatness. System shock 2 is the closet but still I can't compare it's predecessor (not fair).

anyway, here's an updated list of the review scores from various source so far:

GameInformer US - [10/10]

EGM - [10/10]

GamePro - [10/10]

1UP - [10/10]

UK EuroGamer - [10/10]

OXM - [10/10]

X360 Gamer - [10/10]

X360 - [10/10]

OXMA - [10/10]

PC Powerplay - [10/10]

Game Arena - [10/10]

Meristation - [10/10]

Gamer.tv - [10/10]

GamesRadar - [10/10]

GameWorld - [10/10]

Console - [10/10]

GameTap - [10/10]

Console Game World - [10/10]

Alemania 360 Live - [9.8/10]

Hyper - [9.7/10]

IGN - [9.7/10]

PC Zone - [9.6/10]

PC Gamer - [9.5/10]

UnderGround Online - [9.5/10]

TXB - [9.5/10]

Xbox World - [9.4/10]

anyway, here's an updated list of the review scores from various source so far:

GameInformer US - [10/10]

EGM - [10/10]

GamePro - [10/10]

1UP - [10/10]

UK EuroGamer - [10/10]

OXM - [10/10]

X360 Gamer - [10/10]

X360 - [10/10]

OXMA - [10/10]

PC Powerplay - [10/10]

Game Arena - [10/10]

Meristation - [10/10]

Gamer.tv - [10/10]

GamesRadar - [10/10]

GameWorld - [10/10]

Console - [10/10]

GameTap - [10/10]

Console Game World - [10/10]

Alemania 360 Live - [9.8/10]

Hyper - [9.7/10]

IGN - [9.7/10]

PC Zone - [9.6/10]

PC Gamer - [9.5/10]

UnderGround Online - [9.5/10]

TXB - [9.5/10]

Xbox World - [9.4/10]

Average of: 9.8730769

I played the demo at my work on xbox 360 and its great. The transition from dialog to swinging a monkey wrench at those deformed nutjobs is smooth. But I definitely wouldn't play it on console cuz the controls are just utter junk. Having been an avid fps online gamer with fast-paced games like quake, playing with a controller is just awkward and limited and gets me my ass-kicked.