Bioshock Thread

Wizard

Well in GHz, don't be surprised, it runs at about 2.06GHz for a E6300 if I recall. But the cpu itself is pretty dope. It out preforms any of what AMD has out now and it is benifical for gaming thus far.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just 6 more days (my timezone) til the full game hits retail.

I can share my experience with you guys on the demo, but theres too much to say so I'll list some cons/pros:

Good:

-water graphics = simply amazing, I never saw in game water realism in any game with water effects than in bioshock. I could wet myself if I stare at the water animation for too long. We're talking excellent reflection, lighting, etc.

-power upgrades(plasmids): very fun to mess around. In the demo, it let you try out pyro/shock plasmid.

-gorgeus environments, there are some gritty and dark areas but even then, it still amazing there is a large window nearby to spectate the outside city of rapture (underwater utopia).

-guns, hmm I can't say much but they work quite good along with plasmids.

Bad:

-demo is too short, near 5 minutes of opening then follow by another 5 minute preview of the full game after the last 2 min ending.

-character models isn't the prettiest you seen in the game but that just might be a small critism because the game is trying to let players know the people in rapture has been ruined/altered by the effects of modifications they abused.

-loading, pretty much takes a while to load the game on my 360(maybe 40-50 seconds), not sure how well the load times are better when the full version is out or even the pc version has better load times.

-demo provides almost no exploration, there are limited areas for you to go so it's more of a "front point A to point B." (however full game will let you acess to all leves/areas of the game with minimal load time-confirmed on egm).

all in all, it's pretty much one of the best demo on xbox live marketplace so far. FRom the demo play, I would highly recommend this game because this deserve Game of the Year award. This game truly defines what an FPS should be.

OMG, this is the greatest mistake Toys R' Us ever made when they release bioshock a week prior to the release day. I'm playing it tonight fo sho. I'll update when I have a blast. GAME OF THE MUFFUKKING YEAR! hands down.

OMG, this is the greatest mistake Toys R' Us ever made when they release bioshock a week prior to the release day. I'm playing it tonight fo sho. I'll update when I have a blast. GAME OF THE MUFFUKKING YEAR! hands down.

360 or PC, be more specific :o

This maybe several days old but, the reviews were in:

compilation of review scores from site/magazines:

OXM UK: 10

Game Informer: 10

Alternative Press: 10

Gamer.tv: 10

Games Radar: 10

Eurogamer: 10

Gamers: 9.8

PC Zone: 9.6

PC Gamer UK: 9.5

Xbox World: 9.4

ahmad: 360 version. I don't remember toys R' us selling pc games but I maybe wrong. I'm speaking for the toys R' us where I live and I don't see pc games except children pc games and it's not on that tiny almost hidden section either.

Alright, well the game deserves a 10 no dought about it. Those water visuals sure kick ass.

How do you figure? I'm waiting to play Bioshock just like the next guy but I can't stand it when there is this wave of 10/10 reviews. How do you even know without playing it? Because of the water effects?? Wtf?

As for the pro reviews, how can so many have had the game for long enough to make a fair assessment about it? I doubt any have. I'd bet everyone just jumps on the 'full marks' bandwagon because it seems to be the cool thing to do regarding a much-anticipated game like this. And because it will get them traffic by giving a puff piece to an already popular game.

Sickens me. Although I'd love for this game to be great, I'd enjoy the backlash in a few weeks time if it turned out to not be the bee's knees after all. Just to stick it to all the hyped up morons out there.

Alright, well the game deserves a 10 no dought about it. Those water visuals sure kick ass.

How do you figure? I'm waiting to play Bioshock just like the next guy but I can't stand it when there is this wave of 10/10 reviews. How do you even know without playing it? Because of the water effects?? Wtf?

As for the pro reviews, how can so many have had the game for long enough to make a fair assessment about it? I doubt any have. I'd bet everyone just jumps on the 'full marks' bandwagon because it seems to be the cool thing to do regarding a much-anticipated game like this. And because it will get them traffic by giving a puff piece to an already popular game.

Sickens me. Although I'd love for this game to be great, I'd enjoy the backlash in a few weeks time if it turned out to not be the bee's knees after all. Just to stick it to all the hyped up morons out there.

Well at least a few of those reviews were from magazines, who get the game before us consumers for the purposes of reviewing it. They spend every waking hour of their existence playing games so they can tell us what's good and what's bad.

Looks like someone has a shoe up in thier ass. Ive seen gameplay videos and they impress me. Ive seen tutorials on how you have to do it and what happens throughout the story line and it impressed me. Ive tried it out and it also has impressed me. The only thing i did not do is play the game from start to finish. Take it easy. It is my opinion so you can just ignore it or take it in. And about the water graphics, i was just agreeing with Magnis on his review of the game.

PS: If i were you I would get that shoe out of my ass befor it does some serious damage.