Bioshock Thread

Wizard

This game is gonna be crack.

Demoed on the 360, watch as we get a look at gameplay! Be totally in awe biznatches.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh god.. im ordering least 3 packs of undies from calvin klein for this shit Im gonna be floored and wet once i get my hands on this :naughty:

Strange enough im not excited about this one, it doesn't have the system shock feel for obvious reasons but

play it yes, excited no

Fallout 3 = Excited

Edited by Aoshi

Isnt that spam.

Well anyway, i wouldnt be surprised if this game was like crysis were there are hardly any computers that can run it. It will be succesful on the 360 for sure.

I pissed my pants the first time i saw the trailer. I wanna kill the big daddies :afro: .

• 3 weeks later...

"BIOSHOCK PC SPECS

Operating Systems:

Windows XP (with Service Pack 2) or

Windows Vista

Minimum system requirements

CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor

System RAM: 1GB

Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).

Sound Card: 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card

Hard disc space: 8GB free space

Recommended system requirements

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor

System RAM: 2GB

Video card:

DX9: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better)

DX10: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better

Sound Card: Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)

Important Note: Game requires Internet connection for activation

PC SPEC FAQs

How much will a single-core processor hold you back in playing this game?

A single core processor will reduce your frame rate compared to an equivalently clocked dual core processor. However the game is still perfectly playable on single-core processors using lower detail settings.

Will Athlon dual-core processors work with this game?

Yes, they get a similar speed boost to intel dual core over the equivalent single core processor.

Will a DX10 card also play the game in DX9 on XP?

Yes.

How does the DX10 version compare to the 360 graphics? And DX9?

The 360 and DX9 graphics are roughly equivalent. The DX10 graphics add a few additional features and image quality enhancements on top of this.

What kind of frame rates can you expect using an 8600 card and DX10?

Depends on what detail settings you use and what resolution as well as your CPU. Obviously this card will support the game pretty well though, so I would expect at least 30-40 FPS on high detail.

How high a resolution can you play this game at with recommended specs for DX9 and DX10? What will the frame rates be?

Pretty much whatever your monitor and card support. For a really good frame rate we would probably recommend 1280x1024, though you could go higher if you prefer higher resolution to super high FPS.

Will the game run fairly consistently at 30 FPS on the recommended system specs with medium graphical settings?

Definitely, and probably higher.

What does the internet activation entail? Why do you have it?

It's an anti-piracy measure that we unfortunately have to implement to curb illegal game distribution as best we can. It's a one time check and then you're done.

Is there another way to activate the game if you don’t have internet at home?

No, you must have an internet connection to install and activate the game. It is part of the system requirements because of this.

Can you play the game if you have to reinstall windows after you have installed it once?

Yes, this is possible. "

From: http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/pcblowout.html

It will take a will to crack but oh well, hopefully i get my job by the time the holidays come so im able to buy all the games. The nice thing is that DX10 users get some extra goodies. I dont think the goodies will be make people want dx10 but some is better than none.

And I dont know if this question makes any sense but How fast is a Intel Core 2 Duo processor in GHz. I am sort of a noob when it comes to these kind of things.