PCSX2

Ok so I decided to give PCSX2 a go on my new PC, and I tried some compatible games with a couple being successfully run and others that ran like crap or didn't run at all even though the PCSX2 Compat list says they work.

Namely, I want to try that Odin Sphere game, which is said to work but I'm having trouble with it. The audio is very slow, to the point of slowing the emulator down big time. Seems other audio plugins aren't even recognized in PCSX2 0.9.2 either.

I also see many references to the ZeroGS 0.96.0 graphics plugin being the best to use, but I find it to be VERY buggy and I'd like to make use of the Dual Core settings in the CPU config, but they cause problems with the GSdx9 0.9.0 plugin, the plugin that seems to work best for me.

Basically, anyone else got this game running well, or most compatible games for that matter? And what should I be using for plugins for the best compatibility?

P.S. Don't tell me to buy a PS2, mine needs a new drive laser and I just want to give things a good go on PCSX2 :P

Unless you have a very powerful PC then most games will run very slow on your computer. As far as plugins go the only ones that are compatible with it are the ones that come with it.

Asus M2R32-MVP

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+

2x1GB PC6400 DDR2

Sapphire ATi Radeon x1650 Pro 512MB

Odin Sphere runs fine unless there is dialogue, or any sort of cutscene etc. The audio sounds all wierd and distorted and ultra slow, like it's digitized garbage coming out of my speakers.

Guess I'm SOL for other plugins (Like a higher rated sound plugin found on NGEmu, that I guess is out of spec with the new version of PCSX2)

Now that you mention it I do remember reading something about the plugin specs being changed on the latest version of PCSX2. Right now all anyone can do it patiently wait until 0.9.4 comes out. They've already got Kingdom Hearts 2 and MGS4 running on it as well as a bunch of others. Speed may still be an issue though although the devs of PCSX2 released a video of KH2 running perfectly at full speed. Perhaps because they have powerful computers to work with.

Now that you mention it I do remember reading something about the plugin specs being changed on the latest version of PCSX2. Right now all anyone can do it patiently wait until 0.9.4 comes out. They've already got Kingdom Hearts 2 and MGS4 running on it as well as a bunch of others. Speed may still be an issue though although the devs of PCSX2 released a video of KH2 running perfectly at full speed. Perhaps because they have powerful computers to work with.

Oh Really?? LMFAO. Classic. I actually tried this emulator out, and it ran quite slow for me.

Why would you bother emulating the Sony PlayStation 2? You can buy a PS2 really cheap these days, a mod-chip/swap solution, and blank DVDs...

Whats a swap Solution????