Nyko's Wii Party Station = Most under thought idea yet?

nykohandsvp8.jpg

We just got a hands on with Nyko's Wii Party Station and we can safely say that it's crazy. Crazy awesome. It's got pretty much everything you want to have when you're having a Wii house party, and it's designed cheaply enough ($24.99) for every Wii-owning family to use as an accessory to enhance their gaming.

But the best part is, of course, the chip holder. Nyko told us that they were going to re-evaluate the design and increase the size (making it deeper and wider) to accommodate more chips. The amount in there is enough for one person, but as a party tray it's fairly under-stocked. But the idea is great.

There are LCD scoreboards (so you can keep track of which one of the four of you is winning), Wiimote holders, a drawer for Nunchucks, a fan (like the bowling alley) for sweaty gamers, four freezable soda cup holders (with built-in gels to maintain coldness), and a chip and dip holder for, obviously, chips and dip. We didn't eat any of their chips, because they were presumably sitting out all day getting poked at by sweaty journalists.

[...]

The current version's still just a prototype, but they plan to release a final version in the next couple months.

thumb140x14079154281593yc7.jpgthumb140x14079154283735mo8.jpgthumb140x140791542855fepp8.jpg

What do you guys think? Let us know by replying to this news post! :)

Source: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/e307/hands+on-w...some-277948.php

Wow, I wouldnt be surprised if this sells but no way i would get something like that. Nice thing about it is its cheap. What will they do next for the Wii??? Bake a cake oven for the wii.

Edited by Ahmad89

I already left my thoughts somewhere else, but I'll leave em here too I guess....

1: Slots for 4 Wiimotes

2: Hand cooling fan

3: 4 numeric LED displays

4: Cooled cup holders

5: Bowl for chips and dip

I already left my thoughts somewhere else, but I'll leave em here too I guess....

1: Slots for 4 Wiimotes < Oh wow, I never knew leaving them sit on my table or putting the damn things in my entertainment center was such a faux-pas. I guess I got learned.

2: Hand cooling fan < Wiping my hands on my pants (Or rather not being a fat pig that sweats all over his controllers in the first place)

3: 4 numeric LED displays < And for what? Really, what? Oh wait, Engadget say's they're scoreboards...like I can't see my flocking TV screen, I need little LED scoreboards!

4: Cooled cup holders < I don't know about you, but like most gamers, I tend to drink a nice REFRIGERATED can of pop if I want cold, but I'm a coffee man......where the hell's my option of heated cup holders you cheap bastards?

5: Bowl for chips and dip < What am I? Some metrosexual goofball, my Tostito's stay in the bag and my dip stays in the container, I ain't cleaning goop off some cheap piece of plastic sitting on on my coffee table. GTFO!

LOL :)

"cleaning goop off some cheap piece of plastic" thats hilarious

Its a way to make money. You wont but it other will.

What's that white thing in the drawer?

Is that a soundblaster speaker among the scoreboards, or a radio?

It's an hand cooling fan to dry your hands.