First Hindu Prayer Shouted Down in US Senate

Alpha

»» Watch the Video

Three people were arrested Thursday after staging a noisy protest as a Hindu chaplain read the opening prayer at the US Senate, branding his appearance an "abomination."

US Capitol Police said the protestors, apparently Christian religious activists, were ejected from the chamber and charged with an unlawful disruption of Congress.

As Hindu chaplain Rajan Zed started to recite his prayer, one protestor was heard chanting "Lord Jesus, forgive us father for allowing a prayer which is an abomination in your sight.

"You are the one, true living God."

Faith leaders from various creeds are sometimes invited to give the Senate's daily opening prayer, though it is normally offered by the chamber's Christian chaplain.

The pressure group Americans United for Separation of Church and State condemned the protest.

"This shows the intolerance of many Religious Right activists," said the group's executive director, Reverend Barry Lynn.

"They say they want more religion in the public square, but it's clear they mean only their religion."

The conservative American Family Association had been campaigning against the use of a Hindu prayer in the chamber, asking members to send emails and letters to Senators in protest.

What do you think about this? I hate to say this, but I couldn't help but laugh at the scenario. At the same time, there was no reason to shout at the chaplain like that. :(

Religious intolerance by religious people is the most degenerate and hypocritical aspect of human life. I hope they have a fun time making an ass of themselves to those who actually respect their fellow humans and their belief systems.

Its like Sony and the US are cooperating to think of what stupid bullshit move they can pull next >_<

Im moving out of the country and boycotting PS3, but ive been wanting to do that anyway

This seriously makes me sick though, ive had it with the stupid flocks that follow this religion, I like to say things that apparently get them all riled up even though its just my beliefs (I dont try and force my beliefs on everyone unlike you, just speak them) and they automatically assume i worship satan and crap, flock that ignorant flocks i dont even believe there is a satan. To be honest though i dont have a problem at all with their religion, i believe your allowed to believe whatever you want, i have a problem with all you ignorant nazi flocks who act like this.

I don't know if any of you have heard of the creationism museum before, pay it a visit, it will make you absolutely sick, They lure children in with dinosaurs and animals and stuff at the front, and after the beginning your bombarded with religious bullshit thats written in the sneakiest of ways to try and force it on you, on flocking children. Manipulative bastards.

I'm so pissed off right now i can barely type coherently.

What does Sony have to do with this?

But yeah, I'm pretty much with you on that Creationism museum stuff. I'm not from Arkansas (way down here in the "Bible Belt"), but I moved here and I've heard some fuc_ed up sh_t about the churches down here. Like on Halloween, they'd have "haunted houses" in the churches, and they'd have small children go through and there would be the devil and they'd say all kinds of fuc_ed up fanatical sh_t to scare children into religion. Sickening.

Edited by olaf

i would go into that museum and that church, and act like im following what they say, then start acting like the devil was inside me. AHHHHOMG WTF!!!!!!!! LMFAO

Some people already do that sort of thing.

Meh, not reading all of that. I would do it just to see the look on their faces. And i meant the creationism museum and that church with the fake haunted house.