Street Fighter Third Strike

Is this a trick question? You don't have to write anything when using the NOCD sets.

Takes me about 15-20 mins or so otherwise.

The USA rom needs to be written and a couple others do as well.

I haven't tried a NOCD game but I'm told it should start instantly.

The CDROM ones will usually take 15-30 minutes, although it takes hours on my computer. Once the game starts it runs at full speed. Nobody knows why it takes so long for me.

Is this a trick question? You don't have to write anything when using the NOCD sets.

If you add the CHD to the zipped ROM file, it should load just fine without any of the CD loading stuff.

If you add the CHD to the zipped ROM file, it should load just fine without any of the CD loading stuff.

Thats not the way it is done with mame. Not only that, that does not need to happen. If you have a no cd rom set then the roms needed should already be in the zip file (Not the CHD)

Here are the facts, The CD version need to load to flash (NVRAM) roms, Once it has done that it does not need to do that again and runs as normal,

The non cd versions will run from the start no cd loading at all(It still writes to NVRAM) The chd is not even needed or asked for by the emulator..

as soon as i saw that 70 min i set the frameskip to 10 if the games become faster so should this..dont know for sure

In mame you underclock the cpu when it is loading the cd(CHD), This tends to make the loading time faster.

as soon as i saw that 70 min i set the frameskip to 10 if the games become faster so should this..dont know for sure

In mame you underclock the cpu when it is loading the cd(CHD), This tends to make the loading time faster.

James, I tried it.

The game tells you that a new CD has been loaded and if you want to overwite.

Once i do that though, I can load the game without seeing that again.

I was never to get this to work at all. Mame just doesnt recognize that its even there.

Put the romset (sfiii3) in the roms folder. Put the CHD file in a folder called sfiii3 and put that folder in the roms folder.

It's isn't any more complicated than that.