Silent Hill V Announced for 360, PS3

Silent Hill V, the long-awaited fifth chapter in the survival- / atmospheric-horror series is officially in development for the XBOX 360 and PlayStation 3.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, we're sitting at said press conferencce right now, and the announcement is ... Silent Hill V (at least that's what we think it is). The game features a soldier home from a war who is searching for his missing son. As often seems to be the case, this missing person decides to the best place to run to is Silent Hill. Akira Yamaoka will return to provide a brand new mind-bending soundtrack. Konami promises more news to come.

Unfortunately, as with Silent Hill Origins for the PSP, the game will not be developed by the original creators as Team Silent has all but disbanded. Akira Yamaoka will be the only original staff member to return for Silent Hill V.

First Screenshot

Source

i hope they release it for PC as they released sh3 and sh4.and i hope the narration is more like silent hill 4 cause i liked that game more.

I'd have to say The Room is my favorite... the puzzles are absolutely mind-boggling. The first time when I kept running through that one door (near the nursery) and then realized I was going through the same area over and over -- I freaked out.

However, I'd say my best real scare was in 3 -- in the hospital with the crazy mirror. When my reflection stopped moving I screamed and threw the controller. It's the only video game or movie that honestly SCARED me and made me yell.

However, I'd say my best real scare was in 3 -- in the hospital with the crazy mirror. When my reflection stopped moving I screamed and threw the controller. It's the only video game or movie that honestly SCARED me and made me yell.

Yeah, that part was excellent.

I still haven't finished SH4, because I got stuck in the second Water Prison and decided to start over.

Not much of a teaser except for the trademark Seal of Metatron.

I still haven't finished SH4, because I got stuck in the second Water Prison and decided to start over.

Yeah, the Water Prison is the hardest part of that game by far. It had my stumped on my second run through the game even though I had already beaten it. :banghead:

Reminded me of that scene in 1408 where he looks across the street into the other apartment, with the guy that immitates him.

Then when the mirror guy is snuck up on by that clown thing... and the clown appears in the first room as well... wow. One of the best horror scenes I have ever been privileged to witness.

Even though I'm really excited for this game I'm quite skeptical on how it's going to turn out. It's being developed by The Collective (Marc Ecko's: Getting Up) so I'll have to wait for more info to see how it's turning out.

People say that the Room was the worst in the series because it was so different. Also, the game was no longer dark and it had no flashlight.

Originally, The Room was supposed to be a completely different game, not even part of Silent Hill.