SiCKO

Alpha

sickoposter1dq9.jpg

Who's seen it? Although I'm not much a Michael Moore fan, I really enjoyed his latest film called "SiCKO". It really explains in great detail how flawed the U.S. Health care system is. For the people who live in Canada and other countries, how is the health care in your country?

Just recently, Michael Moore blitzed Wolf Blitzer on CNN after they ran a piece by Dr. Sanjay Gupta claiming that his movie has "fudged facts".

And today, Dr. Gupta responded to Michael Moore in a televised unofficial debate on Larry King Live.

Watch it: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

Let me know your comments. :)

I feel our health care system is better than the US.

Explain why please. :)

We have free medicare for the low income or unemployed people, As well as private health care.

The health care system in Canada is vastly supiror to the one in the U.S. Also the fact it's free as well makes it even better. The only difference I see is when it comes down to quality of treatment, it's the same on all fronts, but the cost is what usually gets everyone in a twist. In Canada, when an injury is treated, there is usually a small fee for medical items (ex: if you break your leg, your covered, you just gotta pay for the crutches) compared to the U.S. Infact, the Cuban health care system is better then America's, which offer's true coverage on all fronts, which is also free.

Edit: Also what makes this film appealing is that, no matter what political party you hold your views in, health care is a system that all classes should get regardless. The well being, upkeep and safety of your citiziens should not be a corperate parade for shareholders. A Universal Health Care system is something that should be supported by all citizens in America.

I haven't seen this movie or his other movies. Why? Because I realize how one-sided and opinionated his movies really are. I'm not some neo-conservative or anything like that... it's just Michael Moore has less facts than opinions. As far as the American health care system goes... this movie is retarded. I have no health insurance and I've been to the hospital twice in the last year -- both bills added together are well over $8,000 and I didn't pay a god dam_ed dime. I'm all about trying to teach people how fu_ked up the world and America really is, but Michael Moore is just not this outlet. Especially when we have much more enlightening movies such as Zeitgeist. Just my opinion though.

Still health care is better in other countries than in America. Like he said in the interview millions of people dont go to the hospital b/c they cant afford to and a number of people go bankrupt when they do go to the hospital. In America they take a big chunck out of your paycheck for the people on medicare and you yourself might not even have any. I agree with Moore that we should have a system like France, but i also agree with Olaf that we need to know the other side of the story. Even though i think the insurance companys refuse to have an interview.

The free health care system in France is done so by taxing EVERYONE outrageously -- there's like a 13.5% tax or something like that on everything. Free is not free no matter how you look at it in a world based on money. No one is doing volunteer work at any of these hospitals in any country. It costs money directly, whether it's on a bill or in taxes -- you're paying out your ass.

America

Bills

+Bills

---------

More Bills

Other Countries

Bills

-Taxes

-----------

Your getting a good deal

According to what moore said, The bills that france would pay (if thier wasnt free medical care) would be much higher than the taxes they pay. I believe that if i pay someones medical bills that lives in a box somewhere in newyork, i should be able to get free medical care. They take a huge chunck out of peoples pay check for medical care, war cost......

IT PISSES ME OFF

The free health care system in France is done so by taxing EVERYONE outrageously -- there's like a 13.5% tax or something like that on everything. Free is not free no matter how you look at it in a world based on money. No one is doing volunteer work at any of these hospitals in any country. It costs money directly, whether it's on a bill or in taxes -- you're paying out your ass.

Moore's argument is that in America, all the co-pays and fees add up to a higher amount paid for the health care portion of the tax. The second thing is that it IS FREE. There's a big difference when you're in country like America and you can't afford the surgery on your leg. Whereas, you can just go into a French hospital (citizen of course) and they'll operate on it for free.

Moore's argument is that in America, all the co-pays and fees add up to a higher amount paid for the health care portion of the tax. The second thing is that it IS FREE. There's a big difference when you're in country like America and you can't afford the surgery on your leg. Whereas, you can just go into a French hospital (citizen of course) and they'll operate on it for free.

You can walk into any hospital and they are required to fix you up. Whether you can pay them or not is not a big deal. You can also not pay your "medical bills" in America and just get sent to collections, which will lower your fee and try to work with you. Also, if you get treated somewhere like at a memorial hospital -- you can pay $1/month and they will stay off your back. Getting taken care of at a hospital is just as easy as it sounds. In and out and you honestly don't have to pay a flocking dime.

I'm also speaking from the I-don't-have-insurance point-of-view about of all this. I don't and I haven't paid a flocking dime for my medical bills and I don't have to -- it's fully covered by the hospital.