Action Replay DS

razydude

To use ARDS with a real DS game cart:

1. Put the ARDS into the DS card slot (slot-1) and boot up the DS.

2. When prompted, take the ARDS out, and put in your DS game cart.

3. When the AR software detects the game you inserted, choose your codes and press GO.

4. If you chose the option to save codelist changes, you will be prompted to reinsert the ARDS. Once the changes are saved, you will be promted to reinsert the game card.

You can add/update codes using the PC software and a USB cable.

And no, it will not work with a flashcard.

Also, if you have a slot-2 (GBA slot) device, hold "Select" while booting up with the AR inserted to load that slot-2 device in DS mode (Just like a PassMe/NoPass card).

I didn't know you could use the ARDS as a passme. Now I need to get a slot-2 card and try that out. I got an ARDS last month but haven't used it much since I got my R4DS.

I didn't know you could use the ARDS as a passme. Now I need to get a slot-2 card and try that out. I got an ARDS last month but haven't used it much since I got my R4DS.

Whats a PASSME and R4DS????

R4DS is a slot-1 flashcard. PassMe is a device that lets you run NDS games off of a slot-2 flashcard/cart.

For more info, see the links in my sig and use Google.

R4DS is a slot-1 flashcard. PassMe is a device that lets you run NDS games off of a slot-2 flashcard/cart.

But how does that work why would you use slot 2 if you have slot 1??

But how does that work why would you use slot 2 if you have slot 1??

Because slot-2 devices support GBA mode, slot-1 cards do not.

Also slot-2 cards came before slot-1 cards so it was the only way people could run NDS roms on their DS until slot-1 cards were finally made.

so basically what your saying is you get an action replay, a blank gba cart, and a real DS game

You put the AR in your DS, along with the GBA cart, boot and do the swapping stuff, and you can play GBA/DS games off the GBA Flash cart?

Thats awesome, im so dumb for selling my DS

so basically what your saying is you get an action replay, a blank gba cart, and a real DS game

You put the AR in your DS, along with the GBA cart, boot and do the swapping stuff, and you can play GBA/DS games off the GBA Flash cart?

Thats awesome, im so dumb for selling my DS

Eh... not quite.

All you need is a GBA flashcard/cart and the ARDS, no official DS card needed to run homebrew/ROMs from a slot-2 device.