olaf

Just got finished watching 1408 -- it was a pretty good movie. It rubbed off as cheap at certain points or a little too inspired by other movies, but it was pretty solid. It's good if you like scary movies or ghost/haunting stories/movies. I wouldn't pay to go see it in theaters though (after giving it a "preview"). You're better off going to see Transformers with your cash.

I give it a 7ish out of 10.

Transformers is definitely an experience considering there aren't any robot movies to date like it.

But i'd say the better MOVIE is 1408.

Transformers is definitely an experience considering there aren't any robot movies to date like it.

But i'd say the better MOVIE is 1408.

Better acting goes to 1408. Better movie overall goes to Transformers, homie.

Better acting goes to 1408. Better movie overall goes to Transformers, homie.

Better acting usually = a better movie. But hey if you want to speak out of preference that's your choice. You prefer largely exagerated cg over Stephen King, oh well.

I just saw Transformers and it definitely does not live up to all its glowing reviews.

1408 isn't better though... largely incomparable movies.

I wouldn't give either even close to a 10/10.

I thought it was a better movie in terms of directing and acting. But yes they are incomparable in some senses. I think the better movie-going experience would go to Transformers. The better cinematography? Again Transformers. But the better story, the compelling acting and involving plot? 1408.

Edited by nyuuka

I thought it was a better movie in terms of directing and acting. But yes they are incomparable in some senses. I think the better movie-going experience would go to Transformers. The better cinematography? Again Transformers. But the better story, the compelling acting and involving plot? 1408.

I wouldnt say something as visually excessive and audacious as Transformers had good cinematography...

IMO 1408 is a bad adaption of one of King's works (Like most of the adaptions). I just couldn't strive that the book is definately better then the movie. But according to my friends, who haven't read the book, they found 1408 to be enjoyable. Although we all prefer Transformers more due to the sheer f'n win factor of robots fighting each other. Infact, isn't that the reason we wanted to see anyways? To see giant robots fighting each other in the most epic way possible?

IMO 1408 is a bad adaption of one of King's works (Like most of the adaptions). I just couldn't strive that the book is definately better then the movie. But according to my friends, who haven't read the book, they found 1408 to be enjoyable. Although we all prefer Transformers more due to the sheer f'n win factor of robots fighting each other. Infact, isn't that the reason we wanted to see anyways? To see giant robots fighting each other in the most epic way possible?

Very true, and I totally forgot it was a King story until you mentioned it.