Xbox 360 price cut!

olaf

Joystiq reports that Microsoft is going to cut the Xbox 360's price. This console war is heating up more and more each day. From the original article...

A process that would not only cut the cost of producing the Xbox 360, but also result in less heat being generated by the console itself. Something that, in light of their recent warranty debacle, Microsoft should be very interested in looking at. Auxiliary benefits aside, we're much more interested in hearing about how this could affect the retail price of the Xbox 360. In a brief comment to Next-Generation, Peter Moore gave a decided non-answer on the subject, stating "We have a bunch of different projects that cost reduce and improve quality as you find issues, as does our competition."

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Patcher is much more optimistic about a price drop, expecting $50-70 cuts for all Xbox 360 models as soon as this week.

I'm torn -- I have neither!

It still doesn't confirm nor deny a 360 Price cut though. I saw the exact same reason for the PS3 Price Cut until it was unvieled yesterday, there was even reports of some stores (Target most notably) for already dropping the price by $100. We'll find out as the Min-E3 goes on.