Recommendable games

olaf

In this thread, you're going to post obscure video games (like the MAME thread, but all platforms -- including PC) that you recommend to other people that they otherwise, probably, wouldn't know about. PLEASE, KEEP POPULAR GAMES OUT OF THIS TOPIC.

My personal favorite that I recommend to everyone is Zillion for the Sega Master System.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cave story has awesome written all over it. I wish they'd release something like that on the xbl arcade.

The actual game (Free if I remember) is for PC.

Btw, this thread shall pwn all if made popular.

I've yet to try out Cave Story -- it's been recommended to me countless times. When the

gets finished, I will most certainly give it a try.

Yes, this thread is going to be awesome. I'll try to keep it in-line if things start running astray. Let the awesomeness/recommending commence!

There is never enough recommendations for Cave Story. That game is simply awesome. I still haven't been able to finish it. I keep dying at a boss fight.

Ok, I'll give some recommendations:

Esper Dream 2 (NES)

Abuse (PC)

Radia Senki (NES)

Journey to Silius (NES)

GBA

Cima - The Enemy

Payback

Sheep

GBC

All-Star Baseball 2000/2001

Mickey's Racing Adventure (It rox)

NDS

Izuna - Legend of the Unemployed Ninja

Tank Beat

True Swing Golf

NES

AD&D Dungeon Strike

Kunio Kun no Nekketsu Soccer League

Nekketsu! Street Basket - Ganbare Dunk Heroes

Shadown of the Ninja

NGPC

All of them.

Anything by Nippion Ichi is considered recommendable, as these are some of the best games NO ONE has ever played.

Rivera: Land of Promise - GBA

Firepro Wrestling Series - SNES/GBA/PSX/Dreamcast/PS2, highly recommended 2D wrestling series that is virtually unknown in the West. Only the niche hardcore know about this.

Kings of Colossum series - PS2, also highly recommended wrestling series, by SPIKE! (same developers as FirePro series). Features a bunch of licsened wrestlers from the orient, including most of the forigners wrestling over there as well, such as Steve Corino (Zero-One), Abbdullah The Butcher (Freelance) and Don Fyre (NJPW). One could say that the FirePro & KoC series inspired Yuke's wrestling division to be more realistic by having a breathe button (FirePro is nitorious for having one).

This is all I got off the top of my head since I'm in a wrestling mood.

Editing:

Front Mission RPG series (1, 2, 3, 5) - Grab the translated version of FM1 for the SNES and start playing, it's personally one of my favorite games ever. While the series did wind down after a few years, it's still a good try, a NDS Remake is set to come out this October, hopefully it will finally come out in English, I'll be all over that like a fat kid and cake, or as my friend put it to me "If that girl was wearing glasses and had cat ears, you'd be all over her."

Persona 1 + 2 - Also another RPG with realitive obscurity, dealing with a murderer known as Joker. The second game deals with a copy cat, but only 1 game from Persona 2 was translated, as it is originally 2 games, but only 1 was translated.

There is never enough recommendations for Cave Story. That game is simply awesome. I still haven't been able to finish it. I keep dying at a boss fight.

Ok, I'll give some recommendations:

Esper Dream 2 (NES)

Abuse (PC)

Radia Senki (NES)

Journey to Silius (NES)

I remember you Recommending me Esper Dream 2 but i didnt really like that one much.