Sonic fans come here

Nazo

all we need is Sonic Adventure 3 :(

Yeah many of us that had Dc's were hoping for that one. IMO Sonic 3 & Knuckles was the best. I still play it both on Gens and my genesis even til this day. Im glad i rented Sonic the hedgehog.... The achievements were rediculous...

Edited by Gabriel

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its randomselect.i-xcell.com

Its a mugen game that uses sprites from Sonic Battle, which was a fighting game on the gba. Wasn't that good though imo.

The other fighting game I remember was Sonic Championship, which was 3d. I saw a machine of it somewhere in Wisconsin and played it a little. I think rings flew out if the opponent was knocked down or something. I don't remember.

Its randomselect.i-xcell.com

Its a mugen game that uses sprites from Sonic Battle, which was a fighting game on the gba. Wasn't that good though imo.

The other fighting game I remember was Sonic Championship, which was 3d. I saw a machine of it somewhere in Wisconsin and played it a little. I think rings flew out if the opponent was knocked down or something. I don't remember.

It's called Sonic the Fighters in its native Japan. It also appeared on home consoles in North American in the Sonic Gems Collection for the Nintendo GameCube. It's also available for the Sony PlayStation 2 in Japan. It was originally planned for the Sega Saturn... which I remember wanting badly, but never getting.

It's called Sonic the Fighters in its native Japan. It also appeared on home consoles in North American in the Sonic Gems Collection for the Nintendo GameCube. It's also available for the Sony PlayStation 2 in Japan. It was originally planned for the Sega Saturn... which I remember wanting badly, but never getting.

Its on the PAL PS2 version in English as well. For once we don't get screwed over.

all we need is Sonic Adventure 3 :lol:

Indeed.

I thought that it should have come out, instead of the mediocre game called "Sonic the Hedgehog" a poor creation, and deliberately contains the absurdity to take the name of a classic, then throws it all in the trash with a bad game. Sonic Adventure 3 should have been in it's place. Every sonic game after Sonic Adven 2 was trash, even the ones for hand held consoles, Sonic and the Secret Rings is an exception, but Sega has yet to make another Sonic hit.

Edited by Devia Eleven

all we need is Sonic Adventure 3 :)

Indeed.

I thought that it should have come out, instead of the mediocre game called "Sonic the Hedgehog" a poor creation, and deliberately contains the absurdity to take the name of a classic, then throws it all in the trash with a bad game. Sonic Adventure 3 should have been in it's place. Every sonic game after Sonic Adven 2 was trash, even the ones for hand held consoles, Sonic and the Secret Rings is an exception, but Sega has yet to make another Sonic hit.

Sometimes i wonder did they replace someone from sonic team for all this to happen? Perhaps fire someone? Sonic is seriously going down hill and not in the sense of a 2d based level collecting rings. Downhill as in the whole franchise is even putting the "dead crash bandicoot franchise" to shame.

I couldnt agree more about Sonic the hedgehog - XBOX360/PS3, That game is seriously awful. its bad enough that it took the name of a classic title from the "Genesis". I've never seen anyone do this. But i believe sega should have done a recall for that game.

Edited by Gabriel

They did fire/replace someone from the sonic team, THE ORIGINAL CREATOR.

The lead/original designer now works for Naughty Dog (Jak & Daxter / Crash Bandicoot)

and both the lead artist/programmer for the original games have their own independent companies.

Sonics soul left sega long ago, and anybody hired by sega to try and remake anything like the original turns out to be an idiot.

They did fire/replace someone from the sonic team, THE ORIGINAL CREATOR.

The lead/original designer now works for Naughty Dog (Jak & Daxter / Crash Bandicoot)

and both the lead artist/programmer for the original games have their own independent companies.

Sonics soul left sega long ago, and anybody hired by sega to try and remake anything like the original turns out to be an idiot.

From Wikipedia...

Yuji Naka (中 裕司, Naka Yūji?, born September 17, 1965), is a video game designer, programmer, the former head of Sonic Team, a group of Sega programmers/designers, the lead programmer of the original Sonic the Hedgehog and the head of PROPE.

After graduating High school, Yuji Naka decided to skip university and stay in his hometown of Osaka. During this time, Yuji worked long hours at various menial jobs. After quiting his last job, Yuji saw that Sega was looking for programming assistants. After a brief interview, Yuji was hired and began working on a game called Girl's Garden, which earned him critical praise and fan appreciation. He programmed the original Sonic the Hedgehog game, while Naoto Oshima designed the character and Hirokazu Yasuhara planned the stages. Naka has also produced several other titles like NiGHTS Into Dreams, Burning Rangers and Phantasy Star Online. In early games he was often credited as "YU2" (in reference to Yu Suzuki) and "Muuu Yuji". He is one of the few famous Japanese game creators to speak fluent English.

and...

In news released on March 16, 2006, Naka announced that he intended to create his own game studio, independent of Sega and Sega Studio USA (a.k.a. Sonic Team) [1]. This decision bears resemblance to Naoto Oshima's departure of Sonic Team in 1999, when he founded Artoon.

Read more here.