Why has 1emu suddenly gone gay?

It costs a lot of money from my own pocket to keep 1Emulation and our network of websites running. How much money do you think we make from the advertisements we have now? Almost zelch. It's people like you who love to bicker and complain and never give a little back.

These past few months I have been so busy that I have been unable to generate enough for the 1Emulation fund. Even today, I had to drive to the nearest bank to deposit a check for this place, otherwise the account would bounce. The amount of money coming in has always been far less than what has been going out.

Remember, there is a reason for everything.

lol, what money? You think this is a profitable enterprise?

Then what the hell is the point? They should really be removed if they don't bring profit to the site at the expense of denying our right to not be assaulted by spam...

The point of the ads are to offset as much personal cost to GameCop as possible. The fact this site doesn't make any money while GC still fronts a considerable bit of his own money and time shows his dedication to this community and the scene. I think it is unfair to begrudge GC from trying to recoup some of that cost. It's one of those things where it makes you really thankful to all of the volunteer admins, mods, and news posters. I think we really have some of the best news posters in the scene because of their dedication and thoroughness. And as Cinder said, the ads are not that bad. Hexter knows the deal because he is also a web master so he understands what it takes for a site to survive. How's this, if I ever become rich then this site won't have to display ads. Till then you can just ignore them. :D

We hope you understand our predicament.

So tell me what does it cost to run this site?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It costs a lot of money from my own pocket to keep 1Emulation and our network of websites running. How much money do you think we make from the advertisements we have now? Almost zelch. It's people like you who love to bicker and complain and never give a little back.

These past few months I have been so busy that I have been unable to generate enough for the 1Emulation fund. Even today, I had to drive to the nearest bank to deposit a check for this place, otherwise the account would bounce. The amount of money coming in has always been far less than what has been going out.

Remember, there is a reason for everything.

lol, what money? You think this is a profitable enterprise?

Then what the hell is the point? They should really be removed if they don't bring profit to the site at the expense of denying our right to not be assaulted by spam...

The point of the ads are to offset as much personal cost to GameCop as possible. The fact this site doesn't make any money while GC still fronts a considerable bit of his own money and time shows his dedication to this community and the scene. I think it is unfair to begrudge GC from trying to recoup some of that cost. It's one of those things where it makes you really thankful to all of the volunteer admins, mods, and news posters. I think we really have some of the best news posters in the scene because of their dedication and thoroughness. And as Cinder said, the ads are not that bad. Hexter knows the deal because he is also a web master so he understands what it takes for a site to survive. How's this, if I ever become rich then this site won't have to display ads. Till then you can just ignore them. :D

We hope you understand our predicament.

So tell me what does it cost to run this site?

We'd like to keep that confidential.

Now wheres that "donate" button?

Paypal won't let sites like ours to use their service because we violate their ToS. Those assholes.

There's nothing stopping a "personal" donation to a bogus good/service. ;)