Have you heard?

Joystiq has finally posted up a specific URL that mentions Capcom will announce it's first 2D Fighter in 3 years :P

Words on the streets is that it's Street Fighter 4 or a Sengoku Basara fighter. It's not Fate/Tiger Colossium

kakutou = fighter

http://www.capcom.co.jp/2d_kakutou/

Make way n00b coming through

I dont get almost everything you guys talk about whenever you mention street fighter games and such. Are these games for PS or PC or what? I dont get it :P

Ahmad, first off.

*Slaps you and puts you into a oven, turning on the temperature at mega hot degree's and laughs hysterically as you burn in noobish flames*

Street Fighter, is a 2d fighting game released late 80's/early90's that was considered(and still is), awesome. It sold many many many games and will continue to do so amongst fans. People would host tournaments at the time (still do), of the players competing 1 on 1's and such, skill would require weeks/months of playing/training amongst side a FAQ explaining glitches,combos, and those sort of things. It is extremely fun with a friend, kind of like work alone since all you're really doing is practice.

The last release was a few years back for the DC and CPS3 systems, SFIII, introducing new characters a long some(more like 2-3) old characters. It was also outplayed at Fighting game tournaments and such just amongst a smaller crowd. It got another shining moment when it was released for the PS2 as the anniversary siry edition alongside SFII(Forgot which version to many to remember) I think 2 years back.

This game, is the expected game for o so many years, that everyone is drooling for (including me), SFIV. It should own, and have online play, since capcom has gone multi-system lately I expect a 360/Ps3 release with online play, and it better kick more ass then SFHD.

More info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_%28series%29

Ahmad, first off.

*Slaps you and puts you into a oven, turning on the temperature at mega hot degree's and laughs hysterically as you burn in noobish flames*

Street Fighter, is a 2d fighting game released late 80's/early90's that was considered(and still is), awesome. It sold many many many games and will continue to do so amongst fans. People would host tournaments at the time (still do), of the players competing 1 on 1's and such, skill would require weeks/months of playing/training amongst side a FAQ explaining glitches,combos, and those sort of things. It is extremely fun with a friend, kind of like work alone since all you're really doing is practice.

The last release was a few years back for the DC and CPS3 systems, SFIII, introducing new characters a long some(more like 2-3) old characters. It was also outplayed at Fighting game tournaments and such just amongst a smaller crowd. It got another shining moment when it was released for the PS2 as the anniversary siry edition alongside SFII(Forgot which version to many to remember) I think 2 years back.

This game, is the expected game for o so many years, that everyone is drooling for (including me), SFIV. It should own, and have online play, since capcom has gone multi-system lately I expect a 360/Ps3 release with online play, and it better kick more ass then SFHD.

More info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_%28series%29

Oh sorry, i should have made my question clearer, i know the actual street fighter (the series) but what i dont get is the CPS3..., is that a system or what. Oh and what the crap is MAME??

Sorry for not making my question clearer, it was a good summary anyway

Im still a noob tho :P

Edited by Ahmad89

... CPS3 was Capcom's last arcade board before they switched to Naomi. Mame is MULTIPLE ARCADE MACHINE EMULATOR, which emulates a bunch of arcade machines.

Although I'd say the crowd hasn't really changed much since 1999, theres certainly more players now then there was in `99 when 3s came out.