Console game screen captures

Hi, does anyone know how a website such as IGN would get screen captures from current gen consoles?

Does it involve a special device or a simple cable across to a PC? Obviously getting screen captures from old consoles such as the Megadrive and NES is easy because of emulators, but I am really keen on taking quality images from my PS2, Xbox, PS3, Wii etc.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi, does anyone know how a website such as IGN would get screen captures from current gen consoles?

Does it involve a special device or a simple cable across to a PC? Obviously getting screen captures from old consoles such as the Megadrive and NES is easy because of emulators, but I am really keen on taking quality images from my PS2, Xbox, PS3, Wii etc.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

for xbox you need the xdk.. dont ask here for it though..

heres an early pic of my dash back in the day..

uixspawnWIP.jpg

yeah if you want to do it in the hardest possible way.

What IGN and all those game magazines do is hook their console up to a capture card. Which is basically a card in your computer that can receive and record video, TV Tuner cards could do it too obviously. Alot of modern video cards can do it too (ATI Calls it AVIVO, i cant remember what NVidia calls it on their cards)