Any Real Rebel/Rockers Out There?

Jitway

Not talking about the casual rebel who does it to look good in front of his friends/mates, but the true rebel who doesn't care about what other think. Rock music was created to rebel against The Man/Parents. I remember back in my youth listening to groups like Steppenwolf and Ten Years After just too piss my parents off. I listen to things like Elvis (AKA The King Of Rock N Roll) as well and even seen him live. But I grew to like bands like Black Sabbath and Thin Lizzy along with many others. I became a true rock n roll rebel back in the 60's and have never looked back since. How about You?

I'm all about rebelling against The Man. Especially after watching that Zeitgeist video. Whether or not that's related to my preferred genres of rock and metal, I don't know, but it probably fits in there somewhere.

Well, after one of my band mates watched Zeitgeist video, he started becoming more politically aware, while already the rest of us were already politically aware and already have material based on the usual. He didn't want to be too political while the rest of us wanted too when we first formed, and now were all pretty much on the same page.

I'm politically aware, I do things sometimes, I talk to folks about how we need to change as a socity, but hell, my music preferences are pretty much liked all around by my family. They can tell when I'm in a bad mood and I'm playing RATM and it's really loud.

I personally dont care what people think, but I actually listen to the music because I like it/believe the philosophy behind it. Yeah I love headbanging music, Black Label Society, RATM, a lot of $hit.

Being a muslim a tend to say nothing about stuff i disagree with (in the real world) and i dont listen to music much, espesially those that yell a lot.

I grew up listening to good rock music and sometimes I can be a right rebel sometimes, I once told one of competitors to bugger off on last.fm because I didn't like his style of rock and yes I was a bit drunk at the time. :D

Edited by Hexter

I care what exactly 2 people think of me in this world (no, not my parents). The rest, I don't care.

I'll have to admit that I started listening to bands like Slayer and Pantera just to scare my parents, but I have since grown to love metal music. Now I don't care how my parents or any of my friends feel about it. A few of my friends are in to metal, too, so I don't have to worry about what they think anyway.