Why does the PSP suck so much?

Since I've tried them all...

If you want to play some platform games for your handheld that don't suck ... buy a DS.

If you want to play a ton of homebrew games, including Arcade/CPS/CPS2/Neogeo ... buy a PSP.

If you want to waste your money ... buy a GP2x.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I've tried them all...

If you want to play some platform games for your handheld that don't suck ... buy a DS.

If you want to play a ton of homebrew games, including Arcade/CPS/CPS2/Neogeo ... buy a PSP.

If you want to waste your money ... buy a GP2x.

Daxter is a platform game on PSP and IT DOES NOT SUCK!

Megaman Powered Up and Megaman X is platform game on PSP and IT DOES NOT SUCK!

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles is going to be on PSP and IT WILL DEFINETLY WILL NOT SUCK!

That's some flaw reasoning here :P *wee, I get to bash GC*

ANd PSP have enough good games in itself that I am not that interested with homebrew

or emulated games (I do play Neo Geo games from time to time)

I agree with GC 100%. I decided to buy one of the three handhelds at the beginning of the year and did some comparasion shopping. The GP2X is kind of pointless to buy. There is a better selection of games on the DS, but the PSP won out for me because of the homebrew emulation and perfect PS1 emulation. There are still tons of PS1 RPG's I haven't played, and I'm slowly making my way through them on the PSP.

I have yet to buy a PSP game because I prefer to play older emulated games. Maybe if I cared to have the latest games I might have considered the DS because of the unique games on it. So it just depends on what you're looking for.

Sony may suck, but if you like classic gaming, the PSP definately does not suck!

What about LEGEND OF ZELDA PHANTOM HOURGLASS!!

The battle between PSP and NDS is just like the battle between PS3 and Wii. One is more for kids than the other, while the other lacks enough good games. To tell you the truth i dont care which one i have, i just want one :P

Is that even out yet? I've never played a single Zelda game - my loss I assume - so I'm not that excited about it. The only Nintendo system I've ever owned was a GameBoy Pocket so I guess that's why.

Only in japan it is. The english version i think is to be released during chirstmas or some time around that.

The PSP would fare A LOT better if Sony and 3rd party developers would actually go about their way to create interesting exclusive titles and not a truckload of ports.

That's the biggest problem that the PSP has. the second biggest problem is that not enough japanese games get translated. The system does have a few outstanding exclusive titles (Daxter, WipeOut Pure, DJ Max Portable 1/2, LocoRoco, and a few others), but overall, it's marred by the lack of a solid library of good games.

The UMD movies are a joke too.

So yeah, if had to have a handheld console some time in the near future, it would definitely be the DS. Even if it doesn't sport the same level of graphical splendor, the quality of games speaks volumes. GBA backwards compatibility is definitely a plus, although the european GBA catalog sucks balls. Short end of the stick once again.

Well the psp its going to suck even more now that Dark Alex its leaving the scene.. so no more OE cfw

I just read that news, too...

:P

How come the PSP sucks so much i have owned one for a while and i just cannot shower enough.. I feel so dirty. It seems like they try too hard and make games that hold little interest.

Alright i guess im the only person brave enough to take that burden off for ya. PM and ill take the trouble off your back.