Why does the PSP suck so much?

*hugs his Nintendo DS Lite w/his R4DS ever so tightly*

I guess those DS games are especially original and innovative when you don't have to pay for them.

I'm not quite sure if there was an attitude that complimented that comment... but if there was... I don't think an Internet forum based around emulation gives you room for said comment. :P

...also, I am by no means in the DS vs. PSP argument -- I would love to own a PSP (however, I lack the spare funds).

Edited by olaf

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a PSP, but not for it's games. Homebrew and media are all I care for (Maybe a few games).

I won't buy one for a few reasons though.

1: I'm a big guy who tends to be clumsy (Careless?) with portable things, I've broken 2 Gameboys, CD players etc, so I'm leary of spending the money on one (See reason #2)

2: It still costs too much. $199 for a portable anything, as far as I'm concerned is too much. I find it rediculous that people will pay hundreds of dollars for cell phones and Ipods, I have better things I can spend my money on.

3: I don't have much time for a portable, but I would use it for music alot. Games are a big "huh?" for me when I'm on the go, I'm not 10 years old riding in the back seat of my parents car anymore. This goes to the price point to, as a lack of use.

2: It still costs too much. $199 for a portable anything, as far as I'm concerned is too much. I find it ridiculous that people will pay hundreds of dollars for cell phones and iPods, I have better things I can spend my money on.

Just fyi, the PSP is $170 now.

I am also not taking part in the PSP vs. DS thang, mostly because I own both and I love them both equally. :P They both have their ups and downs. That's all I'm saying.

2: It still costs too much. $199 for a portable anything, as far as I'm concerned is too much. I find it ridiculous that people will pay hundreds of dollars for cell phones and iPods, I have better things I can spend my money on.

Just fyi, the PSP is $170 now.

I am also not taking part in the PSP vs. DS thang, mostly because I own both and I love them both equally. :P They both have their ups and downs. That's all I'm saying.

We aren't all from the US.....

I'm not quite sure if there was an attitude that complimented that comment... but if there was... I don't think an Internet forum based around emulation gives you room for said comment. :P

...also, I am by no means in the DS vs. PSP argument -- I would love to own a PSP (however, I lack the spare funds).

There wasn't any attitude attached to that. I certainly wasn't trying to take a stab at you personally.

I just think that when it comes to the DS, despite all its success, I can't think of any games worth buying for it. Except maybe Pokemon. And it kind of annoys me. But then that's just me.

There wasn't any attitude attached to that. I certainly wasn't trying to take a stab at you personally.

I just think that when it comes to the DS, despite all its success, I can't think of any games worth buying for it. Except maybe Pokemon. And it kind of annoys me. But then that's just me.

What about LEGEND OF ZELDA PHANTOM HOURGLASS!!

The battle between PSP and NDS is just like the battle between PS3 and Wii. One is more for kids than the other, while the other lacks enough good games. To tell you the truth i dont care which one i have, i just want one :clapping:

What about LEGEND OF ZELDA PHANTOM HOURGLASS!!

The battle between PSP and NDS is just like the battle between PS3 and Wii. One is more for kids than the other, while the other lacks enough good games. To tell you the truth i dont care which one i have, i just want one :P

Is that even out yet? I've never played a single Zelda game - my loss I assume - so I'm not that excited about it. The only Nintendo system I've ever owned was a GameBoy Pocket so I guess that's why.