Why does the PSP suck so much?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats sony for ya. They have nor ever will be a great handheld maker. Hell the PS3 is a bomb as well. Sony should have stuck with music and TVs. They always make great electronic equipment but as far a games they just bomb in my honest opinion.

whoever said that PSP do not have good games is blind.

Syphon Filter: Dark mirror

Tekken DR

YuGioh GX

Loco Roco

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

Megaman Powered Up

Guilty Gear Slash

PQ

Lumines 1 & 2

DJ Max Portable

Monster Hunter

One genre for every fans. The only one lacking is the good old fashioned

RPG, and we still have FF1, FF2 remakes coming up (or already out)

Only thing that's going for the PSP is homebrew. Loco Roco could however, provide months of retarded fun. Nearly everything else you can pick up on other consoles.

How come the PSP sucks so much i have owned one for a while and i just cannot shower enough.. I feel so dirty. It seems like they try too hard and make games that hold little interest.

I think the real question is how can someone feel 'dirty' from owning a handheld? I smell rabid fanboyism behind this antagonistic post but I'll bite.

Games that hold little interest? Seems someone either does not know what they like playing, or just can't pick a good game to save themselves. Off the top of my head, I think of Street Fighter Alpha3 Max and Tekken Dark Resurrection - most people here have at least a passing interest in fighting games - which are both top games, that both play up to the portability and short-burst-gameplay that handhelds like the PSP should focus on.

My question is, what is your problem? Is your quip that these are console ports or something? How does that make them bad games? In addition, I'd attest that SFA3 and TDR are some of the best titles I've ever played, and I am extremely pleased to be able to take them around with me - I can't think of another handheld that would let me carry perfect ports of these games in my pocket.

And hey, if fighting is not your thing, what games do you even like? RPGs? Get Valkyrie Profile, Monster Hunter or Princess Crown if you can read Jap. Action? Try Megaman or Ghouls n Ghosts. Any genre you can name will have good games for it. Puzzle games? Puyo Puyo, Lumines, Capcom Puzzle World. Driving? Ridge Racer, Wipeout. Music / rhythm? DJMAX Portable, Audition.

If you somehow are so picky that you don't like anything on offer for the PSP, then you shouldn't feel dirty, but moronic for buying the thing in the first place. If you are here to biatch on about the PSP not competing against the DS, take your sh.t elsewhere. Either way, the PSP and its games are interesting to members here, and about 43 million others around the world, so if you feel 'dirty' for owning one, then it just makes me think we should have some sort of validation system to screen out the retards before they sign up here.

Thats sony for ya. They have nor ever will be a great handheld maker. Hell the PS3 is a bomb as well. Sony should have stuck with music and TVs. They always make great electronic equipment but as far a games they just bomb in my honest opinion.

I don't know how you can be so critical of Sony considering, if nothing else, their hardware is top stuff - and I mean both the PS3 and PSP. But more importantly, hasn't the PS1 both been the best selling console of all time with the largest library ever, only to be surpassed by the PS2? They far from 'bombed' the last 2 generations, even if they bomb now, and I still say that its more of a slow start than a bomb this time.

Man seriously why don’t you just sell off the damn thing. You clearly don’t like sony and you Cleary want nothing to do with them. I would love to sit and explain why I don’t think my psp dosen’t sucks and why I enjoy but I don’t think you would even listen. but really if I didn’t like my stereo I would sell it or give it away to a friend or someone else. If I didn’t like my mp3 player I would do the same. And if I didn’t like my gaming system I would do just that. Why keep it and spend money on games you clearly don’t want just so you can come on and say it sucks. It’s just a waste of time and money. Really, it really does boil down to what your into for games and the psp doesn’t seem to be your cup of tea.

Dragonkeeper well said.

*hugs his Nintendo DS Lite w/his R4DS ever so tightly*

I guess those DS games are especially original and innovative when you don't have to pay for them.

Well sure, what do you think custom firmwares are for?

Well sure, what do you think custom firmwares are for?

For playin mah Ps1 gamez~

Seriously though I was just making a point... everyone harps on about how good DS games are... I wonder how many people that say that actually shell out money for them.