I read the guides and wiki and now Im damn confused

Rancord

I didnt really get how that dldi thing works, and so. I didnt understand if in the end, a slot2 or slot1 is the better choice.

The thing I want to do is, to somehow be able to play my GBC games on the ds. I still have a gbc, but the screen is annoyingly bad. Plus I love the pokemon trading card game, and the 2nd one only came out in japan, but I found an english translated ROm, wich I kinda like to use.

FOr now the only thing here in my country I find easy to get is the NDS R4 Revolution. SO If I order this and a micro SD card, will I be able to somehow play GBC games, and use some homebrew things of this page: ttp://www.gbadev.org ??

Sorry for being dumb, but I just wanna be sure. ;)

As long as you seriously read the guides and whatnot, your question is not dumb. ;)

If you get an R4 and a microSD card, you will be able to use Lameboy DS (Get it HERE) to emulate GBC games.

Also, any NDS homebrew you get off of GBADev should work with the R4.

OK I got it, I managed to do the basic setup, and managed to installe lameboy. Now I have on the disk provided with the r4 moonshell 1.6 and dldi, alot of files in there.

WIse to kinda use those 2 things?

Sorry if I don't understand you, but I think you are asking what to do with the files on the CD that cmae with your R4? :ph34r:

If you are, then here is what you do:

1. Throw out the CD :) (The software on it is probably out of date anyway)

2. Download the latest kernel for R4 from here: http://www.r4ds.com/download-en.htm (atm: v1.10 is the latest)

3. Extract the archive and put it's contents onto your microSD card (Hint: If you end up with a folder called "English-1.10" on your microSD, you did it wrong :) You should be able to open up your microSD card and see a folder called "_system_" and another one called "moonshl," as well as two files called _DS_MENU.DAT and _DS_MSHL.NDS)

4. Pop the microSD card into ytour R4, put that in the DS, and you're done!

you did understand me. :ph34r: OK I will do so. The dldi will be allready isntalled then? Or do I have to do that? :)

Anyway so far im very satisfied, the r4ds is one of the best investments :) Cuase now I can use the cheat rom with worldchamp yugi, since I was frusted at the orginal, cause I get nearly no dp, and dont get the cards I want. :)

I saw a scumm version available to DS too wich rox, since the one on my palm suffers from my poor palm touchscreen.

Any things you would reccomend me rite away? :)

Thanks for your support :)

you did understand me. :) OK I will do so. The dldi will be allready isntalled then? Or do I have to do that? :)

Anyway so far im very satisfied, the r4ds is one of the best investments :) Cuase now I can use the cheat rom with worldchamp yugi, since I was frusted at the orginal, cause I get nearly no dp, and dont get the cards I want. :)

I saw a scumm version available to DS too wich rox, since the one on my palm suffers from my poor palm touchscreen.

Any things you would reccomend me rite away? :)

Thanks for your support :)

If you downloaded and installed R4 kernel v1.10, then you don't have to do anything about DLDI: v1.10 has a DLDI autopatching feature. :ph34r: The first time you run a ROM on your R4, it will automatically be patched with the R4 DLDI driver.

As for recommendations, I'd say for emulators you should get SNEmulDS (SNES emulator), DSMasterPlus (SMS/GG emulator), PicoDriveDS (Genesis emulator), and nesDS (NES emulator).

Some good homebrew games and apps include Warcraft: Tower Defense, DSOrganize, QuakeDS, MegaETK, and Tales of Dagur.