I officially hate computers!

Ahmad89

Microsoft office 2007 works for me, It was supposed to be a trial, but they glitched it up some how so whenever It asks for the key, I just exit out of the form and it works normally, I didn't even crack it ;)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should save up for more than a 8600GTS. Something with the power of an 8800GTS should be the minimum upgrade, especially by this Christmas. Seriously.

If its more than 150, then no thanks. Most of the 8800GTS are 200 and up. Unless you know of a site that will have them for 150.

Then don't upgrade till you can get an 8800 is my suggestion. Supposedly there will be a refresh of the hardware and the new midrange will be as powerful as 8800 but it's supposed to happen in 2008.

You should save up for more than a 8600GTS. Something with the power of an 8800GTS should be the minimum upgrade, especially by this Christmas. Seriously.

If its more than 150, then no thanks. Most of the 8800GTS are 200 and up. Unless you know of a site that will have them for 150.

Then don't upgrade till you can get an 8800 is my suggestion. Supposedly there will be a refresh of the hardware and the new midrange will be as powerful as 8800 but it's supposed to happen in 2008.

If i can save up for one i will. Is thier one in particular that you guys recommend. Theirs like many different kinds of 8800 GTS's. One thats 200-210 (without tax). It would be greatly appreciated if someone does the job of searching one for me :banghead: . Im not good in the hardware section, if i was id search for one.

And if someone can answer my earlier question, to what can i overclock without having to buy a new fan. God, i love this site ;) .

I only read the first page, but i can tell you for sure your not going to be able to run much of anything game wise with that graphics card

The rest of your system is pretty decent, in fact its pretty confusing that they paired that video card with your otherwise pretty kickass PC.

Lost Planet brings PCs to their knees, you need an expensive ass card to play that, If i where you i would check out maybe an ATi Radeon X1950XT, i think they are like 200 bucks now, should be less. If you want to go nVidia, go with the 7800 or higher, try to stay in the 200-300 dollar price range and it should last you awhile and do everything you want it too.

Okay i just read your last comment, and im also going to tell you to not overclock, You really have to know what your doing when it comes to that, and its pretty hard for someone to walk you through it because of how differently everyones motherboard works. Your probably going to end up frying something. By the looks of it an overclock wont help much anyway, You can try overclocking your video card, but i still dont see it getting you to be able to run Lost Planet.

I might go with the 8800GTS if they go very low in price. Im really not the guy who can wave around his money and buy everything he needs or wants. I like to squeeze every little bit out of my money. If i can find one ill post it here and see what you guys think.

And as for the overclocking, what about autmatic overclocking (or something like that) is that safe.

Last time i tried it it friend my motherboard, so i wouldn't

chances are it was a defective one and the beta bios probably had alot to do with it too but still.

they are discontinuing the 320MB version of the 8800GTS, so either act fast, or wait till all the enthusiasts who insist on having the latest sell them on ebay and such for real cheap. Otherwise your stuck buying the 640MB version which is significantly more money - but will probably also drop in price with the GeForce 9s coming out soon (although probably not as soon as the 320MB GTSs are being discontinued so its your call)

There is no 8800GT, Im guessing you meant 8800GTX

Microsoft/Nvidia/whoever you want to blame for this is flocking everyone who already adopted DirectX 10 (Oh man I KNEW it was going to be another GeForce 6 - Did I not say that!?) and all current GeForce 8 cards won't be able to support some of the features in DirectX 10.1 when it comes out.

I say either buy something real cheap like an X1950XT thats DirectX 9 (or find two real cheap cards you can run in SLI), or wait it out till GeForce 9 is out. Personally i have an ATi Radeon X1950PRO 512MB, and im planning on using it for a long ass time and i know ill be fine. When i can afford two medium/medium-high range GeForce 9s to run in SLI then ill upgrade, but that wont be for awhile.

You think the 9 series is going to be in winter 07 or sometime in 08. This is really a kick in the nuts.

EDIT: I read somewhere that the 9800 is coming in November but for like 400 smack-a-ros. I really cant afford that.

Edited by Ahmad89

Well what i think im gonna do is buy a 8600 (GT or a GTS, no sure). That way i only put 100 dollars down instead of 2 or 300. Then when the new graphics card comes out i will hopefully have a J O B.

One question before i go hibernating. Would i see a very big difference in the maximum quality for the upcoming games if i decide to bring the 8600 instead of the 8800. The games that im talking about are:

Lost planet

Bioshock

Assassins creed

Crysis

Unreal Tournament

Gears of War

• 1 month later...

Well guys, its down to two decisions:

Its either this one:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814130286

The good thing about this one is its an 8600GTS and with 512mb.

The bad thing about it is from the reviews, it is the same thing as a 8600GTS 215mb Source:http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MT...W50aHVzaWFzdA==

What do you guys thing about this card. Its for 160$ so its kind of a money killer for me but im willing to put the money if its willing to work like a 512mb instead of a 215 mb. IS IT WORTH IT.

My other choice(s) is a 8600GTS 215mb. Im still unsure on which one to pick so i would greatly appreciate it if you guys helped me out on this one. One from the following would be good:http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....&name=256MB

Since its only 215mb, i dont thing putting 160$ is a good idea so anything under 150 is fine for me.

Im planning on getting one during thanksgiving break since the rebate end on the 30th of November and i want to try to set it up before coming back from the break.

ITS ALMOST TIME!!

Thank you :thumbsup1: