Chris Benoit and Family Found DEAD!

Alpha

chris8gy9.jpg

I just found this out right now... this is horrible and devastating news. Chris Benoit was one of my favorite professional wrestlers and the closest in style towards Bret Hart. His wrestling was unique and his matches were wonderful to watch.

There is not much more I think of typing right now, but this is the worst tragedy to hit wrestling since Eddie Guerrero's death.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitdead

I just heard this as well. i loved benoit he was such a great talent and now this. well only one left to get it is dean malenko unless he is behind it all. this is truly a sad day for any wrestling fan. but it also explains why he wasnt at vengence last night.

What the hell? First Guerrero and now Benoit (not to mention Benoit's family) are dead...

This is such sad news. It's been a good 7 months since SmackDown! and RAW stopped airing on "free" channels, and I really liked Benoit's matches. he wasn't much of a mic personality, but his wrestling was great.

Aw man, now my day's ruined again. RIP.

On June 25, 2007, Benoit, his wife Nancy Daus, and their son Daniel were found dead in their home at around 2:30 PM.[83] It was first reported to fans of WWE on their WWE Mobile Alerts Service and posted to their official website soon after. Exact details are not yet known, and an investigation is ongoing.[2] On their website, World Wrestling Entertainment released the following statement[84]:

“ World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

Tonight’s Raw on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family. WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

WWE canceled the scheduled three hour long live RAW show on June 25, and replaced the broadcast version with a tribute to his life and career, featuring his past matches, segments from the Hard Knocks DVD and comments from wrestlers and announcers.[7]

Fayette County, Georgia police are investigating Benoit's house following the discovery of the bodies. Lieutenant Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department reported to ABC News that it was being investigated as a "possible double murder-suicide"investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.,[85] and the police were not searching for any suspects outside of the house, as the instruments of death were located on scene.[86]

The world of wrestling never ceases to amaze me...and shock me.

This has got to be one of the most tragic days in wrestling history. I still can't believe the news myself, especially if it turns out to be a double murder-suicide.

Of course, I didn't know the man...but I just never would have thought that Benoit could be capable of such a thing.

He was a great wrestler too. But if the murder suicide theory is true, it will certainly damn him and my memories of him. At least for me. Catastrophic.