NDSL WiFi Homebrew Solution is HERE!

Gh0st

i just tried this with lilou's cftp server, and IT WORKS!!! the server could never see ap's before, but now it works perfectly! oh man i'm so excited because harldly any wifi homebrew worked before....now i have to patch everything. i'll reply later with results!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok wow, that didn't take long at all. i went patching like a mad man and heres what i came up with

wifi homebrew that was not working before but works after patch:

Lilou's CFTP server

DSFTP 2.4.1

DSWeather

DSPad

Diagnose

SlyphAMP

SavSender

DSAim

Even Win2DS!

wifi homebrew that worked before and after the patch:

wifi_lib_test 0.3.1

ds organize

ndsmail (hangs at DHCP, before and after. no change)

in other words, everything that was broken as far as wifi on my ds works perfect now. Gh0st, you rock man. I'm pretty new to ds homebrew (just got my flashcart) and this wifi stuff was giving me headaches, because most of it was broken on my ds, but if i put my flashcart in my friends black ds they all worked fine.

my experience with each patched app was brief, but everything seems to be fine. I didn't experience any unstability, and the patcher even has a back up option.

the patcher does crash each time you use it though (at least on my machine. maybe its .net or something, i'm always having issues with it). after it does the patching it will present you with a dialog that says it altered X bytes, then once you click ok, it crashes and the only way you can shut it down is by going to the task manager. but i dont care, it works!!!

I scanned with kaspersky anti virus and it passed. and my ds isn't bricked, far from it! actually works with homebrew now. so excited!

Edited by deliriumlb

ok wow, that didn't take long at all. i went patching like a mad man and heres what i came up with

wifi homebrew that was not working before but works after patch:

Lilou's CFTP server

DSFTP 2.4.1

DSWeather

DSPad

Diagnose

SlyphAMP

SavSender

DSAim

Even Win2DS!

wifi homebrew that worked before and after the patch:

wifi_lib_test 0.3.1

ds organize

ndsmail (hangs at DHCP, before and after. no change)

in other words, everything that was broken as far as wifi on my ds works perfect now. Gh0st, you rock man. I'm pretty new to ds homebrew (just got my flashcart) and this wifi stuff was giving me headaches, because most of it was broken on my ds, but if i put my flashcart in my friends black ds they all worked fine.

my experience with each patched app was brief, but everything seems to be fine. I didn't experience any unstability, and the patcher even has a back up option.

the patcher does crash each time you use it though (at least on my machine. maybe its .net or something, i'm always having issues with it). after it does the patching it will present you with a dialog that says it altered X bytes, then once you click ok, it crashes and the only way you can shut it down is by going to the task manager. but i dont care, it works!!!

I scanned with kaspersky anti virus and it passed. and my ds isn't bricked, far from it! actually works with homebrew now. so excited!

Did you do this before or after DLDI patching. >_>

For the love of god, I can't get this to work. :ph34r:

Edited by Ender15

Did you do this before or after DLDI patching. >_>

For the love of god, I can't get this to work. :ph34r:

well...I didn't dldi patch the homebrew. I have a CycloDS Evolution, which has auto dldi patching. so the answer to your question is technically I patched the file with this program, then my flashcart loaded the .nds into memory, and then it applied the dldi patch, then lauched the executable. I suppose thats the way it works anyways. AFAIK it dosen't patch the file on the microsd card itself.

honestly i was quite suprised when it did work. my ds isn't all that new, i probably got it about 2-3 months after they came out (def. before the black ones came out), but I was still having the wifi issues. patched with this proggy and everything is good now.. sorry about your luck...maybe its a different problem?

heres what i did:

I downloaded the rar, ran the file straight out of the rar, once it ran I clicked browse and pointed to the .nds files on my microsd card, and pressed select, it patched, then i tested it on the ds and they all worked as they should. so after that i copied the exe out of the rar, into my homebrew folder on my microsd card and then i patched the rest from there.

I was actually considering selling my dslite and getting a new one just because of this issue...

so which files have you patched? and they still dont work? does the patcher give you a confirmation prompt each time you patch telling you how many bytes were altered? if not, it may not have patched correctly. I could send you my patched versions if youd like.

Edit: Ender I just read the previous post where you said you have a softap. I'm running a D-Link DGL 4300, which has pretty darn good wifi in it. Are wifi homebrew meant to connect to SoftAP's? I suppose thats the reason to turn the wifi connecter into one (i dont know much about them). Maybe this patch dosent' fix softap issues? or are softap's supposed to work just like a hardware wifi router?

Edited by deliriumlb

I don't think it is my router, because my softap works perfectly with wifi connection and with my old ds's homebrew, as well as my laptop.

I am pretty sure the issue lies in the ds lite. As with other people, the problem is that wifi connection works for games but not for homebrew.

The patcher ran just fine, I patched the .nds files and it told me that 56 bytes were modified.

But the wifi homebrew still doesn't work after I patch it.

Same here... :P

I just found this patcher and tried it with most of my wifi homebrew like Beup, IRCDS, DSO and the wifi lib but nothing worked. Everything is just like before patching

Edited by Boreas

So am I and the creator the only ones that this patch works for? I've seen the code for this proggy on a japanese webpage, there isn't much too it. and maybe they just need to tweak some bytes here and there for different ds types...

http://blog.so-net.ne.jp/Rudolph/2007-06-20

its all in japanese but you can spot where the code is. no idea what it means. but it seems that someone else has made a patcher. i got the link from that blog page. maybe this one will work instead? it looks similar to the one that ghost has made (i did scan it with kaspersky first, passed).

http://ftp7.ohpy.com/opftp/index.php?contr...0HDbTgkp65PpA==

Edited by deliriumlb

I tested the other patcher that I posted above, and everything worked the same as the original Gh0st patcher. They were in reply to the same thread so i'm pretty sure that they both attempt to do the exact same thing. I patched cftp.nds (a problem app before) with the new patcher; works just like after the ghost patch (also writes the same 56k worth of data, according to the confirmation popup). Then I patched another copy of cftp.nds with the original patcher, then tried to apply the new patch, and it was successful, but it said modified 0 bytes, so it must haved detected there was a patch applied already (and the wifi still worked after this too).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
what exactly will this do... will it make sylphamp work with wep?

this program lets you patch .nds files for the people who have slightly different wifi hardware (usually newer ds lites) to work with sgstair's ds wifilib. if you were unlucky enough to have one of these ds's (which i was) then most wifi ds homebrew wouldn't work with wifi because the homebrew couldn't detect the hardware. patch it with this and in theory any homebrew based on wifilib should now work correctly on problem dslites.

while i did get slyphamp to work with my ds, i doubt it will help you with your problem. if your wifi is working in any way in homebrew, then you likely dont need this. besides, i dont think slyphamp supports wep anyways. it only gives you a prompt for the ip address, but not a wep key.

i would try disabling wep on your router and instead enable mac address filtering if your router supports it. you will just have you add all your wifi using hardware manually to the list, because it filters out (blocks) any access to mac addresses not in the list. no encryption, but essentially the same security; it keeps unwanted people out.

Edited by deliriumlb