Bluetooth phone

Ahmad89

Band G most common with wireless router nowdays is not bluetooth. Bluetooth is on a different bandwith and since it seems you don't have it then you will need a bluetooth usb device or dongle for your pc for you to be able to connect to your phone. If you can't find one in your price range then I suggest you get a usb cable for you phone from either cingular/att or from the many dealers out there that sell them for your LG phone.

The dongle thing is cheap, its like 10 dollars on some websites, about 40 sheikals for our currency. Damn it, i read the instruction manual and i followed the steps and accourding to some of the abilitys i have on my laptop i CAN connect. My brother was able to send files from his laptop to mine some years ago without a router or lan setup. But he has to reset his laptop due to a driver error that happened while he was playing around with it. I am pretty sure my laptop has bluetooth capablities. I might have to update my driver for the bluetooth device or just buy thing dongle thing. But alot of people i heard are having trouble with some of the stuff for my type of phone.

You don't need a router, AP or anything with 2 laptops with 802.11 wireless, they can connect "Ad-Hoc" without any such hardware needed. That's the point of wireless built into laptops, the need for nothing else.

Bluetooth is an entirely different technology, and you'll need what Jitway told you. If you have this "know" that your laptop has built-in bluetooth, tell us your laptop make/model so we can confirm/disprove it for you.