Bluetooth phone

Ahmad89

My cellphone has bluetooth capability and my computer does. Do I simply turn on the bluetooth on my computer and phone or do i need a program for my computer. And if i want to download stuff onto my cellphone and from my cellphone onto my computer to i need a program. If thier is a program which is the best thanks :huh:

Depends entirely on what the phone is capable of via bluetooth. Most simply have the ability to use accessories via bluetooth, like headsets.

Better look up the capabilities, just because it has bluetooth, doesn't mean you can connect with a PC and transfer anything at all.

"Bluetooth" is nothing more than a wireless standard, not a program or anything of the such.

i read somewhere that i can connect it to my pc and downlload the videos from my phone to pc and put ringtones and such onto my phone. It said that i need a usb. I dont get why i would need it. Wuoldnt the wireless connectivity on my computer be enough or is it only for internet and i would need a usb for the wireless.

You will need some kind of software but no cable. The software will have option most likely to connect via bluetooth or usb cable. I use Motorola Phonetools to do mine. Though mine is a motorola phone. So like I said depends on phone make and model. Nokia has free software for theres. Motorola ya got to pay for.

The dongle is the bluetooth usb device. But if your pc is already go bluetooth then you should not need this.

Another really good source for anything to do with cellphones is Howard Forums

Well i searched that site and did not find much. I will ask them if no one here can.

I have a LG CU400. My laptop has a sticker on it that says the following "Wirelessly connect, share, and game with high speed 54G networking!"(yes even the ! at the end). The type is LINKSYS whatever that is. I turned on the bluetooth on my computer and my phone. Clicked on search new device on my cellphone and it did not recognize my computer. I tried the program AVSMobileUploader but it did not work. Am i doing something wrong. I did click on search device on the program on the computer. Nothing zip noda. Please hlep me :huh:

I would say that bluetooth is not enabled on your pc. You could try getting a cheap dongle and see if then you can. Or try asking on the howard forum them guys there are really helpful. They have helped me alot in my noob beginnings way back when.