CPS-3 Roundup Post! + eXclusive 1Emulation Video

Alpha

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is sf33usa.bin in the romset? The problem with all of the ones I downloaded was they didn't have that, but they had 29f4000.u2 instead.

Hey- I can't get my emulator to run at all. I'm using the most recent update off of Nebula, and for some reason the emulator is unable to read any of the ROM files in the directory. I have set it up the folder cps3, and set the directory as Dir1=C:\cps3\roms\sfiii2.zip (and removed the comment and saved), but when I load it - the box reads: "Unable to Load" next to EVERY FILE in the directory. If I could get any assistance with this (I hope this is the best place I could have put this) it would be.. infinitely appreciated. Danke.

Why the hell are the CHDs needed anyways, since the games run perfectly fine without those?

Because the cps3 hardware uses the cd to load the files to the roms.

Think of it like a pc game thats first installed and the cd needs to be in the drive to run the game.

Right now it has been hacked to run without the cd.

Why the hell are the CHDs needed anyways, since the games run perfectly fine without those?

I suppose for the same reason there are clones... different sets of romsets representing the different versions out there. In this CPS-3 games can apparently be run off disc, or not.

Here's my question. The flash is loaded and decrypted from the CD when the system boots up... Does running in 'No-CD' mode imply that there are kits for these games that didn't come with CDs at all, or just that the flash has already been loaded?

EDIT: Guess James answered my question. These No CD roms are hacks then :/

CPS3 Tile Compression Part 3

Sean’s Stage in SFIII New Generation uses a different compression scheme to the other games. For some reason, Capcom decided that one stage, in one game would use a different system. The Compression used on this level supports 8bpp tiles instead of 6, thus allowing for more colours, but a less efficient compression scheme. I’ve spent some time looking at this, and mostly figured out how it works. There are still a few problems, but I now have reocgnizable background tiles at least.

sean2ny3.png

sean3gi4.png

http://haze.mameworld.info/2007/06/27/cps3...ression-part-3/

The 2 clones are actually different builds, the 3s Clone is NewType and JojoBA is another version of Jojo.