CPS-3 Roundup Post! + eXclusive 1Emulation Video

Alpha

cps3046nj2.png

I thought it would be a good idea to create a news post to roundup all the latest news for CPS-3 Emulation! It's become an exciting time again. :naughty:

We've also created an exclusive video of CPS-3 emulation in action!

»» ElSemi's CPS3 Emulator Preview Test Version (Download it to play all CPS-3 games!)

Please note: You will need to download the corresponding CPS-3 ROMs + CHDs to play the games!

To set the rom directories, you must first edit the emulator.ini file, and uncomment the following line:

Before

[RomDirs]
;Dir1=C:\cps3\roms

After

[RomDirs]
Dir1=C:\cps3\roms

Example:

C:\cps3\roms\sfiiii2.zip (ROM for Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact)

C:\cps3\roms\sfiiii2\3ga000.chd (CHD for Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact)

----

--»» CPS3 WIP - Sprite Zoom! [Haze]

--»» More CPS3 Progress

--»» CPS-3 ElSemi Sprite WIP (Includes over 50 screenshots of CPS-3 emulation!)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are the chd's for? cause i don't have any and i can play sfiii,sfiii2 just as shown in the video.,but i cant play sfiii3,a rom seems to be missing

They're compressed hard disk images. Btw, the file you're missing wouldn't happen to be sf33usa.bin would it?

I need the CHD file?

I don't see it anywhere from the place I download the roms.

btw, very impressive first build. I am surprised the speed is so fast!

Even faster than Chankast on the same machine :naughty:

THe CHD's are the CD's that are part of the hardware. The roms must be the no cd versions or already have the data needed to run the games.

I know Mame needs those CHD's, But the CPS3 emulator does not seem to use them.

No doubt that will change in the future because its not the correct way to be emulated.

There are CD versions and non cd versions of CPS3 games.

Thanks for the insight.

Is the CD version faster than non-CD version? Why Capcom released a CD version anyway? Save cost?

To be honest I have no idea why there are cd and no cd versions.

One thing I do know is that the CD version can take around 30 min to load up (Loads the game data too the roms)

Wow, this is just great. Running at good speeds.

Capcom's latest arcade board to date is the CPS-III (and one of the myths of emulation) but it's protection is still a challenge for the emulation community, many people have tried but all failed and said the same thing: it can't be done. It's said that when trying to dump the game (which is stored on a regular CD) the cartridge that decrypts the data fries the board rendering it useless, that's why people quit on trying to emulate this board.

>>Source

They sure proved this wrong :naughty:

what are the chd's for? cause i don't have any and i can play sfiii,sfiii2 just as shown in the video.,but i cant play sfiii3,a rom seems to be missing

They're compressed hard disk images. Btw, the file you're missing wouldn't happen to be sf33usa.bin would it?

yes.im able to load the rom by renaming some file in the rom but no success im only able to see the BG...im downloading the CHD files right now ...lets see how it turns out