Is there some kind of vga adapter where you can plug 2 vga cables into 1 monitor?.

SF2MJ

Is there some kind of vga adapter where you can plug 2 vga cables into 1 monitor?.

I have an xbox 360 that i like to plug into my pc monitor for hd gaming.

Problem is every time i want to do that i have to unplug my pc vga cable from the monitor so that i can plug in my xbox vga cable.

It's a constant switching around thing.take one out put the other one in.

Is there an adapter that lets you leave two vga cables plugged into the same monitor at one time?.

I know i won't be able to use both the xbox and pc at the same time but i mean if i want to switch from one to another wiithout having to unplug anything?

Yep KVM switch just get one that handles 2 pcs. They make them up to 6 pcs but 2 will do you fine

and they are not that much.

Edited by Jitway

Thanks for the info.You have been a great help.

I just hope i can plug the thing properly in the bottom of my monitor.It's abit of a tight fit there because the base of the monitor is in the way.

Edited by SF2MJ

KVM switches come with the cables to hook to both devices or pcs. It is just like the cable that comes with your monitor. You should be able to hook it up fine.

This might be a stupid question but is thier a vga cable that splits into two one for vga and another for s-video? Unless the only way its possible is to get KVM switch and a seperate vga to s-video.

This might be a stupid question but is thier a vga cable that splits into two one for vga and another for s-video? Unless the only way its possible is to get KVM switch and a seperate vga to s-video.

No, S-Video requires R/G/B + C-Sync, the VGA spec doesn't provide C-Sync, and S-Video doesn't use RGB straight up, theres Chroma and Luminance. You'd have to build a circuit that takes the H+V syncs from the VGA and turns them into C-Sync, PLUS S-Video (On your TV) is a 15khz signal, VGA is 30khz.

Simply put, no.