What religion are you?

What religion are you?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it as an insult if you will, I find the forced concept of religion to be an insult. And no, I'm no sheep, I believe what I want to believe, I don't conform to silly standards of "Atheism" and the views pinned on it.

I believe in my religion not because it is now forced on to me. I believe in it becuae i chose it to be right and because it think it is the right way of life. If i find something in my religion that i dont like or dont beleive in i can stop any time i want.

Just wondering... when you say you thought it was the "right" religion, does that mean you think all others are wrong?

Well, anytime a moderator or admin thinks it is getting out of hand, just close it. Easy.

so basically you're saying that all those that don't agree with your beliefs or opinions are sick in the mind?

Nope I never said that. I refer only to religion. I have no quarrel with the historical references in the bible and others, but when divine intervention enters the story, that's when I become sceptical and treat it as a fairy tale. Like all fairy tales, you need to differentiate between fantasy and reality. If you truly believe the fantasy, then yes, it by definition can be classed as a mental disease.

Take it as an insult if you will, I find the forced concept of religion to be an insult. I believe religious views should be personal, and should stay inside the walls of ones own home or say, a church. It has no place in public society, as not everyone has the same views, even within the same religion.

And no, I'm no sheep, I believe what I want to believe, I don't conform to silly standards of "Atheism" and the views pinned on it.

cinder, sweet, we agree, i also believe religious veiws should be personal, and shouldn't be enforced on the society,but what does that hafta do with what you said?

like ahmad said, i believe what i want to believe, not what was forced on me, so how does that make someone like me different to you?

----------------------------

Robert,

Nope I never said that. I refer only to religion. I have no quarrel with the historical references in the bible and others, but when divine intervention enters the story, that's when I become sceptical and treat it as a fairy tale. Like all fairy tales, you need to differentiate between fantasy and reality. If you truly believe the fantasy, then yes, it by definition can be classed as a mental disease.

1- you believe it's a fantasy, others don't believe it's a fantasy, prove it's a fantasy scientifically, then you can say that believing it is a disease.

2- ages ago, those that believed in scientific things were considered sick in the mind, such as those for example that believed man could fly were considered sick in the mind by those that thought it 'fantasy'

religion is a belief/opinion, you just said that those that DON"T agree with your belief (that religion is useless/fantasy) are sick in the mind.

1 - that is the wrong kind of test. I could say I can fly without mechanical aid, but just can't remember how. You could never prove me wrong. You need to prove that divine intervention is real and reproducible.

2 - Such is life.

1- so since you can't prove it's fantasy scientifically, you ask me to prove that it's NOT fantasy?

ok, here's an example, reproduce for me hurricane katrina, EXACTLY like it occured, if you can't, it's fantasy.

2- i stated that to prove a point btw

1 - I could not reproduce that Hurricane exactly, it would require divine intervention, which since it does not exist, means your request does not compute. Also, I would not like to revisit all that death and misery upon those citizens again. Do you?

I think anti-religous pple are just as close minded as anti-atheists. Just a diff P.O.V on life, no need for hatred. Anyway, i've been contemplating on my faith, mainly becuz i didnt want to be a believer becuz my family was. I wanted to be one on my own. Now in strongly into it.(still trying to get rid of bad habits.)

I've always asked myself, if i knew i was going to heaven no matter what i do, would i still live a Christian life?

Anyone who's really devout in thier faith should ask themselves that question.

And for those anit-religous comments, even though pple say all wars were started becuz of war, thats kinda misleading. For one thing, anyone can claim a religion and start a war. For example, the Bible teaches that we should all love our brethren, whether their homos, paligimists or even atheists. I have no idea where this "Believe what believe in or DIE " mentallity, the catholics had in the old times.(not knocking Catholics, i'm sure christains might have done da same.) But those are idviduals with power and used faith as jutisfication for.....Doing things that go against what they're faith?

"THou shalt not kill, so i will kill you for being gay!" Sounds stupid.

but my atheist freind did mention that i'm like the only religous friend he has becuz everyone would look at him like he 's a freak. He just belives in something diffrent. If you want to know about GOd and all that stuff, let me know, but i cant force nothing on you and i wont.

The REAL reason behind all the past wars, was lack of acceptance! Same thing with racism, no one just said, "Oh, we're totally diffrent! Well, lets move on with life...God bless, lol". :D

Edited by Shoma

1 - I could not reproduce that Hurricane exactly, it would require divine intervention, which since it does not exist, means your request does not compute. Also, I would not like to revisit all that death and misery upon those citizens again. Do you?

so since you cannot reproduce the hurricane exactly, does that mean the hurricane is a fantasy?

btw, YOUR request does not compute, you're twisting something around because of a lack of proof of your logic.

you said since something cannot be reproduced, therefore it's fantasy (divine intervention) therefore, since katrina cannot be reproduced (same hurricane, same effects...etc) then it's a fantasy.

but try telling all those taht suffered from it, that it is a fantasy.

and no, i wouldn't wnat them to suffer, i have friends that were in it.

btw, there are those that would argue that divine intervention happens on a daily basis.