What religion are you?

What religion are you?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

(For the best dramatic effect, please read this thread while listening to Slayer - "Disciple" on the album "God Hates Us All")

I'm christian, although I border on atheism from time to time. I go to e.g Christmas Mass because it's a tradition, not because I want to.

That's pretty much how it is with me. I stopped believing in my religion right around when I asked my mom why I had to go to mass, and she said "I'm just getting you into heaven." I could go off on a rant about that comment right now, but I'd rather not.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you base those numbers, and how? You completely missed Catholicism, encompassed by several variations which I'm SURE make up at least what Christian base do. And no, they are not one in the same.

And is their some sort of registry, that people have to attach their name to, that gives us these numbers? I'm willing to bet those numbers are GROSSLY incorrect, and a good half of the world is Non-Adherent (Secular/Atheist/Irreligious/Agnostic/Nontheist) 1.1 billion or at the very least, follows no strict religion, but more than one religion or a mixture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion About half way through.

Forgot to put the website. These numbers might not be correct but i just put them as a base.

As how do they classify them is i THINK is they grab all the people in a country for ex. brazil and classify them as christian even if they are not all christian or strict believers.

And i know Elazul that santa is not real but i am using him as if he was a real (seperate from christiian) faith.

cinder,

the human race will ALWAYS find something to argue about, and since you're saying those that have a belief are sheep, dumb blah blah blah, can i assume you (and robert) are inciting a flame war?

just because you don't believe or agree with something, doesn't mean it's retarded, or that people that do believe in it are retarded or what not... otherwise, a nintendo fan is retarded to a ps fan, the rangers fans are retarded to the yankees fans, the south is retarded to the north........ oh wait, i just proved people disagree and argue about everything that isn't religion..... hmmmm must mean that game consoles, the entirety of the usa (north and south) and all sports teams are retarded, useless, sheep....etc

i follow my religon because it tells me to be my own person and think for myself and do good to others, not because of some of the warped people that claim they're preachers or followers of it.

1: That was me, not agozer

2: Go back and read, and read properly. DO NOT rearrange my words to suit your own thoughts.

ok i'll bite, look at the bold part.

Anyway, in the end, I think religion is nothing more than a control mechanism for most of you sheep out there to be handled. Religion needs to be removed from the face of the earth (No, not necessarily the people following them), like unions.....

i got the impression you were saying that those that follow a religon (like myself) are sheep.

I dont think that all wars happening right now are religious war. Some for power some for money. And there has always been war so does that mean we have always been doomed :D

2: Go back and read, and read properly. DO NOT rearrange my words to suit your own thoughts.

Anyway, in the end, I think religion is nothing more than a control mechanism for most of you sheep out there to be handled. Religion needs to be removed from the face of the earth (No, not necessarily the people following them), like unions.....

i got the impression you were saying that those that follow a religon (like myself) are sheep.

I was, big deal, my view on how religion is focused and to whom. But I did not say dumb, my statement of dumb as all the religious wars, those involved in religious wars ARE indeed dumb, such a stupid thing to fight over.

And Ahmad89, any war fought over money or monetary items, with a guise of religion......is a farce. Think Ethiopia.

I dont think that all wars happening right now are religious war. Some for power some for money. And there has always been war so does that mean we have always been doomed :D

i honestly believe 99% of "religious wars" were fought for other reasons.

the "religious" part was just a cover up.

I was, big deal, my view on how religion is focused and to whom. But I did not say dumb, my statement of dumb as all the religious wars, those involved in religious wars ARE indeed dumb, such a stupid thing to fight over.

And Ahmad89, any war fought over money or monetary items, with a guise of religion......is a farce. Think Ethiopia.

big deal? last i knew, an insult no matter how trivial was still an insult, personally i'm not insulted, i'm just pointing it out.

so you're calling me a sheep because i follow a religion... so can i assume that you ALSO are a sheep because you're an atheist and you more or less conform to and follow the concept that religon is stupid/useless?

Take it as an insult if you will, I find the forced concept of religion to be an insult. I believe religious views should be personal, and should stay inside the walls of ones own home or say, a church. It has no place in public society, as not everyone has the same views, even within the same religion.

And no, I'm no sheep, I believe what I want to believe, I don't conform to silly standards of "Atheism" and the views pinned on it.

Take it as an insult if you will, I find the forced concept of religion to be an insult. And no, I'm no sheep, I believe what I want to believe, I don't conform to silly standards of "Atheism" and the views pinned on it.

I believe in my religion not because it is now forced on to me. I believe in it becuae i chose it to be right and because it think it is the right way of life. If i find something in my religion that i dont like or dont beleive in i can stop any time i want.