Feeling stupid.

Peter Griffen FTW. He's the funniest Char ive Used so far.

you know, i would love to try mugen out, but i don't have the time (or will honestly) to download all the characters and adjust them together....

i wish someone would make a QUALITY mugen game (not 8000000 crappy characters) and make a torrent of it.

Honestly, Playing with peter Griffin is an experience like no other. MUGEN comes only with Kungfu man. If i were you, i would get MUGEN JUST to play with peter Griffen even if its only against KungFu Man. That might be enough to make you want to start creating your own.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, feeling stupid askin this, but what is MUGEN. It looks fun and maybe something I could get into. Where do I start?

This is my first post here.

Ok Its very simple go here & download both files:

http://unofficial-winmugen.jpn.org/

Unzip them both to a folder of your choice. I recommend C:\program files\mugen

Done

Then search for characters. Depending what you are into. I strongly recommend not downloading a torrent of other peoples crap.

Make your own game. That way you'll get what you want, which is the whole point. It takes less than 30 seconds to add a character 1 by 1. You dont need thousands of characters.

Making a basic game is easy

1: add the folder (Copy each character folder to the chars folder where you install the game)

2: add one line to a text file (select.def found in the data folder)

....EG: ryu file called ryu.def in folder called ryu as an example, on a random stage

ryu/ryu.def, random

done.

Once you have done this once. It will take you less than 30 secs to add another character.

If your into 2d fighting this beats any one you can buy. Street Fighter Alpha 3 is my fav ever, until i found this, and its free. So pay yourself the 50Euros youd spend on a game and take your time adding a character each day.

There are lots of forums where people will help answer any questions you have to ask. Inside the game is most of the answers too.

mugeninfantry

mugenguild

remember google is your friend to find whatever your looking for.

Looking for a character in google?

just type:

mugen ryu

open each page until you see a characters section and grab all the ones you want. Lots of the website dont work, but there is so much out there that you will have everything you can think of within a week.

The more interested you are the more better it will be.

• 1 month later...

I've got this game and have quite a few screenpacks. I have:

EVE screenpack

Akasuki screenpack

Naruto screenpack

Sasuke screenpack

Anyone out there who doesn't like Naruto, please don't attack me.

Ok, feeling stupid askin this, but what is MUGEN. It looks fun and maybe something I could get into. Where do I start?

This is my first post here.

Ok Its very simple go here & download both files:

http://unofficial-winmugen.jpn.org/

Unzip them both to a folder of your choice. I recommend C:\program files\mugen

Done

Then search for characters. Depending what you are into. I strongly recommend not downloading a torrent of other peoples crap.

Make your own game. That way you'll get what you want, which is the whole point. It takes less than 30 seconds to add a character 1 by 1. You dont need thousands of characters.

Making a basic game is easy

1: add the folder (Copy each character folder to the chars folder where you install the game)

2: add one line to a text file (select.def found in the data folder)

....EG: ryu file called ryu.def in folder called ryu as an example, on a random stage

ryu/ryu.def, random

done.

Once you have done this once. It will take you less than 30 secs to add another character.

If your into 2d fighting this beats any one you can buy. Street Fighter Alpha 3 is my fav ever, until i found this, and its free. So pay yourself the 50Euros youd spend on a game and take your time adding a character each day.

There are lots of forums where people will help answer any questions you have to ask. Inside the game is most of the answers too.

mugeninfantry

mugenguild

remember google is your friend to find whatever your looking for.

Looking for a character in google?

just type:

mugen ryu

open each page until you see a characters section and grab all the ones you want. Lots of the website dont work, but there is so much out there that you will have everything you can think of within a week.

The more interested you are the more better it will be.

I have a program for adding stages and characters (and music). All I have to do is put the character into the folder and add it. It's a Portuguese program, but it comes with an English translation, but some things are still not in English. Oh well! Still, a lot less typing for me! :shootem:

(Oh yeah, and it's called MUGEN Windows Configurator (or something like that). You can also create instant matches in the program's arena!)