rebuilding the DS

Kloplop321

to put it simple I wanted to paint my DS golden, so I took it apart and disassembled it, and put it in a static resistant bag, like what you would get a graphics card in. Then, after the spray paint dried, I rebuilt it as it was, But just some information first, I did the top first as a test, to see if it would work, The top screen didn't work afterwards, but the bottom on did, but the boot up test automatically stopped it and shut back down. The bottom screen turned white, and the speakers clicked(like always).

Now, both screens do not turn on, but do click.(after I painted the bottom) It has to be a connection or something.

here is some pictures, Sorry if blurry, my camera was dying and it isn't good at close up pics, but there is one good one.

ds01.jpg

ds02.jpg

ds03.jpg

ds04.jpg

ds05.jpg

I took out the flat batch cords so you could see that the brown thing that keeps in the batch cord (4 ends) has crumbled away, however, my electric tape works on it and it doesn't come out there.

ds06.jpg

Could anybody help me diagnose the problem? :P

Edited by Kloplop321

try googling for a guide on how to disassemble/reassemble a DS and there might be some minor thing you missed

I already have, and Mooney suggested this location for asking.

The problem is that hardly anybody ever opens their DS. DS owners never purchase modchips and flashcards don't require opening it up as well.

You fried something ;o

I don't see how, when I did the same with my SP and it works better(Junk in the R button)

I even handled the DS with more care and concern when opening it. It seems as though the power just isn't going to the screens. You can buy replacement screens, from some places(online) but I would like a quide on replacing the screen(just to see if I did something wrong)

You may have knocked a resistor or something, check to make sure everything is still soldered okay, check to see if the cabling is torn, any tiny little significant thing.

I've never opened a DS (and if i still had mine i would have opened it up just to help you out here) so i'm not too sure on how the insides are all hooked together.

You may have knocked a resistor or something, check to make sure everything is still soldered okay, check to see if the cabling is torn, any tiny little significant thing.

I've never opened a DS (and if i still had mine i would have opened it up just to help you out here) so i'm not too sure on how the insides are all hooked together.

everything is as seems from the pictures I took of before(printed out) I am sure I didn't knock anything off, because I only touched the screws and edges to take it out of the shell. Remember this is a different model and the models after that(about 4-6 months after launch) doesn't have this dumb design of wires(I have noticed from other DS's) I think they replaced the model because of tests shown of the parts crumbling in the DS, so they changed it, but I got the old model.