new pc comming june 15th :P

I heard a rumor that AMD will release AM3 soon.

As for that CPU, its too slow for that setup IMO. and 90nm Windsor chips are bad for overclocking. get a 65nm Brisbane.

Or if you want to future-proof it, get a core-2-duo (sorry AMD, I still love you though) and overclock it.

Memory, unless your gonna get 2+ of those sticks, get 2+ 512s for dual channel

LG burners are great, they arent crap IMO. But get a SATA drive, IDE is last year's news!

If you want to save some more bones, buy the normal stock Vidcard and overclock yourself. I mean +20mhz factory overclock? THE FU€K!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a first, and very strange indeed. Wonder what the RAM pairings are.

there's also a 340 mb video card o.o or is it 320mb?

Same make of card, but 340MB. Who is coming up with this crazy crap? Neither makes any logical sense. Multiples of 2 pairings make far more sense than an odd number.

The only way for an even pairing of RAM is 10x64, and thats just nuts......though it might explain the rather large size of that card.

Looks like it is indeed 64x10, and the same PCB is used for the 768 version as there are 12 BGA points on the board.

http://www2.bfgtech.com/Preview.aspx?imgID=1506

As far as I'm concerned it's a gimmick. For the price of those cards, give me 1024MB FFS.

next will be the 1280mb vids cards haha

the PC technology is moving so friggin fast, its almost impossible to have top-of-the-line comps because they update every 8 months.

i know man its crazy like someone gets a top of the line pc few months later its like trash.... then they waste another couple thousand dollars for a few months and over and over @_@ getting abit to crazy

I am willing to bet that you could get all (read: most) of those parts from another site for a cheaper price.

But it's your money, not mine.

from everywhere else i looked after mail in rebates its the cheapest i found and i'm too lazy to switch :clapping:

I would actually use that case, and im usually extremely picky about cases (so many of them try to look extreme or whatever and end up looking corny and stupid as hell)

Did you order it already? Theres a few upgrades i would recommend that wont make that big of a difference in price.

and LG Burners arent bad, I'm an NEC fan myself but LG/Samsung would probably be my second choice, Plextors are too overpriced.

BTW instead of buying a new video card later on, what if you got another one of those and ran them in SLI? (I dont remember if your mobo supported SLI or what the benchmarks are for those cards so you should look it up, its probably cheaper)

I would actually use that case, and im usually extremely picky about cases (so many of them try to look extreme or whatever and end up looking corny and stupid as hell)

Did you order it already? Theres a few upgrades i would recommend that wont make that big of a difference in price.

and LG Burners arent bad, I'm an NEC fan myself but LG/Samsung would probably be my second choice, Plextors are too overpriced.

i love this case too took me awhile to find one i liked and that would actually fit everything.

Whats the Grand Total of all that??

grand total is with shipping and tax

also this is with a new headset and mouse since they were out of stock on the headset i wanted and mouse i didnt like so i got a new one (( links to these new things added))

shipping - purolator air: 1-2 days arrival - $212.68

improved insurance covers all damage - $53.72

6% gst tax - $123.42

grand total - $2,180.39 Canadian

grand total - $1,943.33 American

Jordan, when this computer gets to your house I'm going to steal it and run all the way back home. Hahahaha

cody I'll get Becca to beat you up if you steal it :(

BTW instead of buying a new video card later on, what if you got another one of those and ran them in SLI? (I dont remember if your mobo supported SLI or what the benchmarks are for those cards so you should look it up, its probably cheaper)

no clue what SLI means but if thats like dual video carding it i want to do that.... so if my mother board supports it but i have no clue how to check i will do it xD