new pc comming june 15th :P

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats ....umn....cool...0

*cough*nerdalert!!*coughs*

excuse me.... lol.

Seriously though, sounds pretty hyped kiddo.

Edited by Shoma

thats ....umn....cool...0

*cough*nerdalert!!*coughs*

excuse me.... lol.

Seriously though, sounds pretty hyped kiddo.

lol no nerd here except for kid who wants to play lost planet :( and well we get a biiiiiiiiiiiiig check from something that happened to me one day so i'm cashing in xD

No such thing as a 640MB video card (And never will be), RAM is always doubled on video cards, and that simply isn't possible as it would require at LEAST a 5x128 chip configuration (And odd numbers DON'T happen).

Oh and a rather poor choice in a video card from my standpoint. Neither to do with manufacturer or price, but the pairing of GDDR3 with a 128bit bus? What a waste! That GDDR3 is bottlenecked right on it's own card.

And why would you buy PC5400 DDR2 when your board supports PC6400? With the money being spent, the difference in price between the 2 is negligible but the performance isn't.

As for the CPU, good price, good chip.......but unless you're looking to overclock, you could have done just as good, if not better for the same price.

All in all though, good stuff.

No such thing as a 640MB video card (And never will be), RAM is always doubled on video cards, and that simply isn't possible as it would require at LEAST a 5x128 chip configuration (And odd numbers DON'T happen).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....&name=640MB

Oh and a rather poor choice in a video card from my standpoint. Neither to do with manufacturer or price, but the pairing of GDDR3 with a 128bit bus? What a waste! That GDDR3 is bottlenecked right on it's own card.

And why would you buy PC5400 DDR2 when your board supports PC6400? With the money being spent, the difference in price between the 2 is negligible but the performance isn't.

As for the CPU, good price, good chip.......but unless you're looking to overclock, you could have done just as good, if not better for the same price.

All in all though, good stuff.

this is the one im getting and yes its 640MB

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...%20Technologies

I thought you said you hated vista "with a passion" :(:shootem:

i do hate vista.

That's a first, and very strange indeed. Wonder what the RAM pairings are.

there's also a 340 mb video card o.o or is it 320mb?

Edited by Rawrthness

That's a first, and very strange indeed. Wonder what the RAM pairings are.

there's also a 340 mb video card o.o or is it 320mb?

Same make of card, but 340MB. Who is coming up with this crazy crap? Neither makes any logical sense. Multiples of 2 pairings make far more sense than an odd number.

The only way for an even pairing of RAM is 10x64, and thats just nuts......though it might explain the rather large size of that card.

Looks like it is indeed 64x10, and the same PCB is used for the 768 version as there are 12 BGA points on the board.

http://www2.bfgtech.com/Preview.aspx?imgID=1506

As far as I'm concerned it's a gimmick. For the price of those cards, give me 1024MB FFS.

I heard a rumor that AMD will release AM3 soon.

As for that CPU, its too slow for that setup IMO. and 90nm Windsor chips are bad for overclocking. get a 65nm Brisbane.

Or if you want to future-proof it, get a core-2-duo (sorry AMD, I still love you though) and overclock it.

Memory, unless your gonna get 2+ of those sticks, get 2+ 512s for dual channel

LG burners are great, they arent crap IMO. But get a SATA drive, IDE is last year's news!

If you want to save some more bones, buy the normal stock Vidcard and overclock yourself. I mean +20mhz factory overclock? THE FU€K!!

{rant}

WOW! $170 on a mouse and KB? DAMN!!!

{/rant}