Starcraft II

um, there are other ways to play zero hour online, other than having an official copy you know...

but yeah, maybe when you're settled down

yeah I know about Hamachi hehe :D but as I said in that other topic of mine, lemme just get to england and I'll get back into the old me that you guys know and love!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not unless you know how to use them properly, their scorpion tanks for example... 8 scorpion tanks cost as much as an upgraded overlord tank, and CAN destroy the overlord and still have a few of them left

their Quads are cheap and more or less can RAPE airplanes, their battle busses filled with rocketmen... TOTAL OWNAGE.

their toxin promotion can clear the way well for a sneak attack.

their rebel ambush can be used to clear hard to reach garrisoned buildings (if toxin) steal buildings sneakily (if stealth or normal gla with upgrade) and destory alot of units and/or buildings (if demolition)

the gla are incredibly powerful, it just depends on how you use them.

Pretty much agree.

Also if you happen to play 3v3, you can have laser gen build all your defense while you and someone else concentrates on offense, one of the best strats that has worked for me (heh, I'm old school China, and sometimes China-Nuke, works fine).

Also @ battle busses, there's an old saying for that, and it's called the Bang Bus, fill em with RPGs and anyone is pretty much screwed in mid field battles.

Not unless you know how to use them properly, their scorpion tanks for example... 8 scorpion tanks cost as much as an upgraded overlord tank, and CAN destroy the overlord and still have a few of them left

their Quads are cheap and more or less can RAPE airplanes, their battle busses filled with rocketmen... TOTAL OWNAGE.

their toxin promotion can clear the way well for a sneak attack.

their rebel ambush can be used to clear hard to reach garrisoned buildings (if toxin) steal buildings sneakily (if stealth or normal gla with upgrade) and destory alot of units and/or buildings (if demolition)

the gla are incredibly powerful, it just depends on how you use them.

Pretty much agree.

Also if you happen to play 3v3, you can have laser gen build all your defense while you and someone else concentrates on offense, one of the best strats that has worked for me (heh, I'm old school China, and sometimes China-Nuke, works fine).

Also @ battle busses, there's an old saying for that, and it's called the Bang Bus, fill em with RPGs and anyone is pretty much screwed in mid field battles.

especially if you can keep the buses repaired throughout the fighting. china-nuke here too, lots of migs and battlemasters hehe

So today i was playing C&C3, and i realized that if you build an army of like 15 mammoth tanks (although i've done it easily with like 5) and get the railgun upgrades you can destroy pretty much any enemy base.

this game is no fun anymore

So today i was playing C&C3, and i realized that if you build an army of like 15 mammoth tanks (although i've done it easily with like 5) and get the railgun upgrades you can destroy pretty much any enemy base.

this game is no fun anymore

Yes, Mammoths are the most overpowered C&C3 unit by far. In the upcoming 1.05 patch they intend to make them slower moving, and the railgun upgrade cost 5000. But yeh the game has been imba from way back.

They promised a 'late May' release for this critical balance (and hopefully bugfixing, coz online is way more of a headache than it should be) patch, and have yet to deliver as of 29/5/07. EA is scum. Hate to jump on that bandwagon but C&C3 has been too flocked for too long for me to think otherwise.

hell you manage to reach the point where you build mammoths?

it seems EVERYONE is tank rushing in that game.... and i mean EVERYONE.

Before I switched nod, i had a perfect record online using GDI. MTR is pretty OP and I really hope they fix it. And yes, you can reach the point to build mammoths rather quickly in C&C3 as to generals, which takes ages to get to the overlords.

I find it easier with GDI to turtle for a few minutes and get Mammoths than to do anything else if I get scorpioned. I never manage to outproduce them or defend expansions for long against Nod early, but even if they have a larger economy by the time I get Mammoths out they still cant do sh.t all about it most of the time.

I find it easier with GDI to turtle for a few minutes and get Mammoths than to do anything else if I get scorpioned. I never manage to outproduce them or defend expansions for long against Nod early, but even if they have a larger economy by the time I get Mammoths out they still cant do sh.t all about it most of the time.

So damn true it hurts... Once you get 5+ mammoths out it's game over... Unless you're Scrin and have 50 Stormriders like I usually do!

So damn true it hurts... Once you get 5+ mammoths out it's game over... Unless you're Scrin and have 50 Stormriders like I usually do!

Yeh but the Scrin doesn't have the early game to stop me from rolling over them early- Stormriders are too expensive to counter GDI tanks and their ground force can't do much of anything either.