Starcraft II

No but they do have the defense to make up for it and the early tech rise to get there. Storm Spires and Storm riders are the most awesome when it comes to defense. as for ground forces Shock Troopers annihilate most vehicles and aircraft and are cheaper then zone troopers. storm riders will also be getting a price reduction and improved damage in ion storms (provided by spires hehe) so you really defend and attack with them only :( scrin also have the cash flow if you know how to play right to get to about 20 storm riders before you get to 6-7 mammoths and into my base

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ACtually, a well defended base can fend off a 5 MTR perfectly, I usually make 6-8.

No, not someone who trutles. My friend is pretty good with GDI aswell, but takes the more slower build up route and doesn't rush. While I still beat him, it just takes me a while longer.

No but they do have the defense to make up for it and the early tech rise to get there. Storm Spires and Storm riders are the most awesome when it comes to defense. as for ground forces Shock Troopers annihilate most vehicles and aircraft and are cheaper then zone troopers. storm riders will also be getting a price reduction and improved damage in ion storms (provided by spires hehe) so you really defend and attack with them only :angry: scrin also have the cash flow if you know how to play right to get to about 20 storm riders before you get to 6-7 mammoths and into my base

Yeh but Shock Troopers and Storm Columns are a way up the tech tree. There isn't much earlier that the Scrin have to use. And Im not sure how you mean Scrin have the cash flow- sure they can regenerate Tiberium but their harvesters return less than the GDI and Nod ones, so you really have to build more of them which further stunts the early game. Finally, for 20 Stormriders you're gonna need 5 Starports, which makes it even easier for the Mammoths to get in there and knock them down before you have enough up to stop them.

by well defended you mean a turtling base?

i've realized in most C&C games, if you're on the offensive, you win.

The possible exception here is if you semi-compromise economy by massing the tanks and sending them. If the enemy is GDI and can hold off the first wave or so with Predators plus base defence, then they can queue up 2 or so Sonic Emitters and lay them down in the middle of a rush (they do line of sight damage within range, and can kill tier 1 tanks in one hit, basically meaning if you position them right you can destroy 5 or 6 units per firing). Meanwhile have some Mammoths building- the Emitters will take out a sh.tload of Scorpions- they'll run away. The Nod guy will be a bit frazzled as to what to do and you can roll over them with the Mammoths once you have a few of them.

• 7 months later...