Starcraft II

why do i have a feeling after SC2 there going to make a World Of StarCraft lmfao or something on the lines of that just like they did with WoW which would sorta piss me off if SC became a MMO.....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno man, SC2 so far looks like the C&C3 Engine, I wouldn't doubt someone makes a mod for C&C3 and makes it into Starcraft 2 eventually (it wont be AS good but probably close) Then again they said the graphics where nowhere near finished and it probably wont (Read: Will Not) use the C&C3 Engine.

Plus Blizzard always likes to make sure most everyone can run their games, they never require too beefy of a system.

Blizz has a tendency to make things run on older systems (Take WoW for example, it can run on a 733Mhz P3 with an ATI Rage and 512 MB of RAM, and it's just below requirements for the game - trialed, tested, and true).

Also, I'd kill for a SC MMO (Granted, I'd kill for a Fallout MMO too, but not happening). Playing WoW doesn't take out the fun in playing WC3 and TFT. Infact, if your a lore buff, it's the greatest thing ever.

I second that. C&C 3 is fun and all, but not as fun as the old ones. Besides you gotta hate the rush to mass build mammoth tanks/avatars/tripods and all that. C&C 3 has a very rudimentary rock paper scissor system, and it fails because all you do is build the biggest guns out there.

And I also think they've been producing this game for alot longer than they might like to say. I mean, those gameplay vids looked pretty complete-ish. I do hope they keep most if not all the units from SC1 although I know Dragoons have been replaced by Immortals and Shuttles by Phase Prisms. I mean, stealth dark templars ftw.

Only if you play GDI. I recently switched to Nod and boy do I find it fun to send my suicide bombers against everyone. A MTR is not garunteed to work unless your playing against a noob, or happen to find an achille's heel.

Progress on the SC2 is pretty damn far since the HD gameplay vid is in ENGLISH (as oppose to the S.K. which happened to have Korean V.O.) I believe all that's missing is units+blance, the engine itself is pretty soild and if you care, single player.

Blizz has a tendency to make things run on older systems (Take WoW for example, it can run on a 733Mhz P3 with an ATI Rage and 512 MB of RAM, and it's just below requirements for the game - trialed, tested, and true).

Also, I'd kill for a SC MMO (Granted, I'd kill for a Fallout MMO too, but not happening). Playing WoW doesn't take out the fun in playing WC3 and TFT. Infact, if your a lore buff, it's the greatest thing ever.

I second that. C&C 3 is fun and all, but not as fun as the old ones. Besides you gotta hate the rush to mass build mammoth tanks/avatars/tripods and all that. C&C 3 has a very rudimentary rock paper scissor system, and it fails because all you do is build the biggest guns out there.

And I also think they've been producing this game for alot longer than they might like to say. I mean, those gameplay vids looked pretty complete-ish. I do hope they keep most if not all the units from SC1 although I know Dragoons have been replaced by Immortals and Shuttles by Phase Prisms. I mean, stealth dark templars ftw.

Only if you play GDI. I recently switched to Nod and boy do I find it fun to send my suicide bombers against everyone. A MTR is not garunteed to work unless your playing against a noob, or happen to find an achille's heel.

Progress on the SC2 is pretty damn far since the HD gameplay vid is in ENGLISH (as oppose to the S.K. which happened to have Korean V.O.) I believe all that's missing is units+blance, the engine itself is pretty soild and if you care, single player.

@_@ they should just keep making SC an rts never mind the MMO concept... i started to hate WoW cause it ruined the whole RTS factor and there is really no good story to it like the rts...

That's the only damn reason i want to play WoW, but i can't afford the subscription crap.. 15 bucks a month is kinda stupid to me.

anywho, any C&C game you can hold back a rusher if you're experienced enough.... you gotta be creative with the rushes.... for example, me and my friends, we play c&C generals: zero hour with the following rules:

no super weapons

No defences

random armies.

so one game, i get airforce gen, and everyone is building up quads to defend against my commanche rush, so i prepare my commanche rush, and at the same time build some humvees and attack with both as well as a few stealth fighters and raptors....

they were prepared for an airal invasion, not a ground one, so they got pounded, since my humvees helped destroy their quads.

Can't say I'm interested, I own a copy of Starcraft and it's been on my PC ONCE for no more than a half an hour. Didn't like it one bit. Don't like Warcraft either. I can't stand their gameplay styles.

To hell with SCII, where's my Diablo III? Blizzard does RPG's better than RTS.

That's the only damn reason i want to play WoW, but i can't afford the subscription crap.. 15 bucks a month is kinda stupid to me.

anywho, any C&C game you can hold back a rusher if you're experienced enough.... you gotta be creative with the rushes.... for example, me and my friends, we play c&C generals: zero hour with the following rules:

no super weapons

No defences

random armies.

so one game, i get airforce gen, and everyone is building up quads to defend against my commanche rush, so i prepare my commanche rush, and at the same time build some humvees and attack with both as well as a few stealth fighters and raptors....

they were prepared for an airal invasion, not a ground one, so they got pounded, since my humvees helped destroy their quads.

WoW is not such a great lore source in my opinion. Sure it adds bits and pieces there but it doesn't add to the universe all that much especially since, all these new events that are happening (patches and stuff) don't really impact the world too much. you beat a boss, but it's not going to change crap. boss will still be there for someone else. and the heavily lore-infused quests are for top raiding guilds too which is a minus... take it from me, I've been playing for 3 years almost....

I'd agree with no super weapons but the no defense part seems kinda crap. I mean, defense is crucial in generals... hell I know it's alot of fun when I see people trying to get into a base that I build to be impenetrable and they can't, all the while I build up my forces and attack when they least expect it hehe...

hell, if you play laser general all you do is build laser defenses and aurora bombers.... when you have some awesome defense and about 12 bombers, pop the map reveal power, send bombers to bomb each and every

builder, main HQ and vehicle factory and you have an instant-win... kinda overpowered if you think about it...

@K'dash: yeah whatever but all I have to do is pop up some snipers or buzzers and your suicide dudes go bye bye... you still need to build warmechs, tripods and planetary assault carriers to win. infantry will never do jack crap... the only real bad infantry are the zone troopers, shock troopers and fanatics which can be countered as well...