Starcraft II

starcraftii_logo_425.jpg

Designed to be the ultimate competitive real-time strategy game, StarCraft II features the return of the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg races, overhauled and re-imagined with Blizzard's signature approach to game balance. Each race will be further distinguished from the others, with several new units and new gameplay mechanics, as well as new abilities for some of the classic StarCraft units that will be making a reappearance in the game. StarCraft II also featurse a custom 3D-graphics engine with realistic physics and the ability to render several large, highly detailed units and massive armies on-screen simultaneously.

Well here it is, confirmed- Blizzard is underway with Starcraft II. No release date has been set, but the game seems well under development. Check IGN, or here for lots of screens.

Reactions? Firstly I would have preferred this new project to be Diablo III. Also, the graphic tone seems to have inherited Warcraft III's cartoony overtone. Also, does the Protoss Mothership mentioned not just spank of the C&C3 Scrin Mothership both in design and function?

Overall though it seems like a pretty straight remake with updated graphics so far- units and the interface seem mostly the same. Not at all the revolution that was seen between Warcraft II and III. It will at least be interesting to see how it turns out.

EDIT - StarCraft2.Com is now online with trailers, FAQs and more.

Links

StarCraft2.Com

Information.

Screenshots.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn beat me to it.

well it looks .................intresting

still no diablo 3, should see the guys cry at diablo3.com forums lol

i would of kinda of prefered an mmo than a rts but hey starcraft was pretty good.

hope it doesnt turn out forgettable like tiberean wars, i work with an internet cafe and they dont even touch that

game.

Edited by Aoshi

Mostly because those are new units shown- haven't seen many of the old Protoss units about. Zealots look the same, as do the Pylons and Photon Cannons. Immortals, Colossi and Warp Rays look like good additions to that faction though.

StarCraft2.Com is now online with trailers, FAQs and more. It might be worthwhile checking here for the 2 main trailers- the Youtube links are having a bit of trouble loading up (at least for me).

The site also reiterates the work-in-progress nature of the game, declining to go into detail on story or technical elements- even skirting around whether there will be more than 3 factions in SC2 or not.

I hate to say this, but I've known about this since Tuesday since a store here in montreal played the exact same footage. How they got it is BEYOND me.