dswifi tests

moncul

I'm a new user (i bought my ds lite 5 days ago).

i use a r4.

- mario kart, tetris, work perfectly (wep, dhcp)

here's my experience with ds wifi with last homebrew versions :

- wep never works

1. "on boot" (i navigate to r4 browser and choose the right nds)

- dsorganize 2.7 : works !

- all others (dsftp, beup, ndsmail, liveweather, wifichat, wifi lib test) : don't work. wifi lib test can't "see" anything

2. "on soft reset" after intializing wifi in a game (i test the connection in the game then the r4 allow me to press L+R+A+B+X+Y to softly reboot my ds, which seem not ro reinit the wifi)

- dsorganize 2.7 : hangs ! (completely, the timer is stopped)

- all others (same list) : work perfectly !

so i guess it's a just an initialization problem of wifi in homebrews (or in the lib ?)...well i'd rather all homebrews work like dsorganize for init....

i hope this may help experts to find the problem !

just another question, about the control panel for wifi we see in games : is it added in each game that have wifi support ? or is it a kind of ds-build-in application that is called from games (and so may eventually be called by homebrews !)

i'd like to try...the only sources i have (except dsorganize....which works....why ?) are DSFTP 2.4.1, any help would be appreciated (i have installed last devkitpro, so i guess the r20 for arm), but i don't know where to write the -o0 option, and i have several errors on file /arm7/source/main.c if i just type "make" on command line.

have installed last devkitpro, so i guess the r20 for arm)

according to margin, you have to use devitpro r17 to make ds lite to connect to wifi acess points

anyway....

goodluck :D

Its not quite easy but i will try to explain:

Grab the latest dswifi_lib source from sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading...z2&10096523

In the ARM7 folder open the makefile in the notepad and change in the line

CFLAGS := -g -Wall -O2\

the -O2 to a -O0

Compile the entire Dswifi (any version of devkitPro will work so use the latest) and you will get 4 files in the "lib" folder (libdswifi7.a libdswifi7d.a libdswifi9.a libdswifi9d.a) copy them in the C:\devkitPro\libnds\lib folder (or where you installed devkitpro).

Now you must recompile any homebrew you want and have source code, and if you are lucky and recompiles without errors, enjoy the working tricky version!!!

All this is a tricky and not very good solution, we are shearching a true solution to be included in the oficial wifi_lib and hopefully all autours will recompile theirs apps with the new version.

Sorry to no explain better but im not a native english speaker and its a pain to write something so long...

Note: im not sure if DSFTP will work good because it includes a already compiled version of wifilib inside.

thank you very much for your explanations Magin !

i succeeded in compiling the wifi lib with -O0.

The difficult part was for homebrew : dsftp uses an old ipc.h version (with a structure that has changed)...so i gave up....

...and i succeeded in compiling the wifi_lib_test ! (it was not working too)...and now it works perfectly ! (and even better than DSOrganize : it doesn't hang after the "wifi game initialization" + "soft reset")

so bad ndsmail or beuplive aren't open-source...

thank you ! (and sorry for my english too...i'm french)

• 1 year later...

have installed last devkitpro, so i guess the r20 for arm)

according to margin, you have to use devitpro r17 to make ds lite to connect to wifi acess points

anyway....

goodluck :D

Its not quite easy but i will try to explain:

Grab the latest dswifi_lib source from sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading...z2&10096523

In the ARM7 folder open the makefile in the notepad and change in the line

CFLAGS := -g -Wall -O2\

the -O2 to a -O0

Compile the entire Dswifi (any version of devkitPro will work so use the latest) and you will get 4 files in the "lib" folder (libdswifi7.a libdswifi7d.a libdswifi9.a libdswifi9d.a) copy them in the C:\devkitPro\libnds\lib folder (or where you installed devkitpro).

Now you must recompile any homebrew you want and have source code, and if you are lucky and recompiles without errors, enjoy the working tricky version!!!

All this is a tricky and not very good solution, we are shearching a true solution to be included in the oficial wifi_lib and hopefully all autours will recompile theirs apps with the new version.

Sorry to no explain better but im not a native english speaker and its a pain to write something so long...

Note: im not sure if DSFTP will work good because it includes a already compiled version of wifilib inside.

Any chance this -O2 switch is the reason why I can't get dswifi_lib_test built from source in the current devkitPro to work on my DS ?

I mean - if -O2 is the culprit, I'll grep and fix all my makefiles, but it makes me wonder why -O2 is on to begin with. It breaks debugging in Eclipse with GDB for me (none of the lines are actually in the right spot) AND it breaks ds_wifi_lib ?