What the flock is this?

I don't really mind the adbrite things so much (although it is annoying when you accidentally mouse over them) It was those full page ads that cover everything that where stupid, but if they are gone now i guess all is well.

I don't really even remember if i modified my hosts file to do that, but i know i dont have any ad-blocking software installed (although im assuming opera comes with it or something, it comes with everything else)

Indeed, the top and bottom banner ads are as far as I think we should go. Hopefully this will be successful and we actually get money to pay for costs so we don't have to do anything more intrusive. Luckily I hadn't gotten one of the interstitial ads.

We've actually been pretty ad free compared to many other sites for a very long time and I was proud of that fact and even still we are still relatively tasteful. I actually don't use adblockers because I feel it is unfair to websites. I do use Nuke Anything so if there is an ad that is distasteful I just nuke that particular thing. And most browsers now take care of pop ups which were the worst of all the ad methods.

Bottom line is that we need the money. :D

I'm glad I just checked this thread because I was wondering about these adbrite things too. I'm just glad its not some sort of adware as I spent a little while yesterday scanning because it was pissing me off.

I been using text-link-ads on my blog and forum and non of my forum members ever complained about it. I like text-link-ads the best because it goes well with the house style and cannot be blocked by these so-called adblockers. :D

Edited by Hexter