Hardware Temperatures

Well, today, I decided to check the temperatures on my computer. My graphics card (nVidia 7900GT) was reading at 77 degrees celsius until I shut the computer off. Sometimes my computer is on for days so I don't really pay much attention.

Here's a picture of the read out currently (using HMonitor):

hmonitorpq2.png

Tell me what you think. Also, I'm curious to see what other people's temps are, so post a picture of yours (if possible) too!

this heat is killing me and no it's not from my PC, my damn city weather. Someone club me with an bat made of ice. Better yet, spare me an igloo!

hpmdw0.png

(those are idle temperature btw)

Just using the Forceware temp tool, my 6600GT is usually between 39-49 Celcius. Never much higher.

Odd though that my friend, who lives near me, with the same card, saw it go all the way up to the 155 threshold and it blew on him.

Just using the Forceware temp tool, my 6600GT is usually between 39-49 Celcius. Never much higher.

Odd though that my friend, who lives near me, with the same card, saw it go all the way up to the 155 threshold and it blew on him.

The temperature threshold on the nVidia 7900GT is at 130 degrees celsius. Considering that, do you think staying at 77 degrees celsius 24/7 (computer on) is bad?

It's probably not great for the long term, but I wouldn't start worrying yet.

Usually I don't bother until I see graphical errors. My GF2 MX400 way back ran at about those temperatures 24/7 most of the time and it took a good 3 years before I started seeing snow on the screen.

how the hell is your (Magnis) case only 9C?

its usually between 26-34 in my case depending on the weather (it gets REALLY hot in the room with the computer because of all the electronics, i've seen it hit 36 at the highest)

as for the rest of the temperatures i can't tell you off the top of my head because im not at home and i cant check.

using one of these babies of course =D

huge front fan, huge side fan, and a good rear fan.

11-103-010-16.jpg

Nice case there. Really unique in a way.