Final Fantasy Dissidia

The old games are particularly punishing.

The FF1 remakes are apparently a lot easier still than the old ones, but I simply cannot beat Chaos, the final boss.

I hit for 800-1000 only with my Knight and only when Sabered, Tempered, and Hasted. Magic, including Flare and Holy, does bugger all to him.

He has 20000 HP and casts Curaja frequently for 9999 healing. Even if he heals 1 in 10 turns Im still screwed. My Red Mage, Black Mage and White Mage all get killed in 1 hit even when Protect, Invisible and NullAll have been cast on them.

I consider this, thusly, impossible.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think it will pair up to the old style ff like ff3 and 4 and those great times

Never played em :P Enjoyed 1 though and I don't think it gets more old style than that.

yes nothing beats 1 xD i love that one

New Details

The veil of secrecy has come off of Final Fantasy Dissidia, this week's surprise PSP announcement. While we previously had nothing more than just a name and a teaser website for the game, the latest issue of Jump Magazine has provided first details on the characters and gameplay systems.

Dissidia seems like it could be the perfect way to celebrate the Final Fantasy 20th anniversary, as it brings together characters from past entries. Jump offers a look at just two members of the cast. Making an appearance from Final Fantasy I is Warrior of Light. From Final Fantasy IX comes Zidane Tribal. Jump also reveals that Kuja, one of the villains from FFIX, will make an appearance.

Square Enix originally described Dissidia as a Progressive Action game. We're still not sure what the progressive part means, but the action part of the equation is pretty clear. The game features close-range combat on a 3D battle field, complete with jumping and special skills.

We're expecting more details on Dissidia to emerge from the Square Enix Party this weekend, so be sure and check back with IGNPSP.

If nothing else, I am glad that the FF1-FF9 connections are going to be stronger in this game.

I knew that Garland was the same guy! Makes me feel better about kicking his ass in 9 while he is such a b.tch in 1.

New Details

The veil of secrecy has come off of Final Fantasy Dissidia, this week's surprise PSP announcement. While we previously had nothing more than just a name and a teaser website for the game, the latest issue of Jump Magazine has provided first details on the characters and gameplay systems.

Dissidia seems like it could be the perfect way to celebrate the Final Fantasy 20th anniversary, as it brings together characters from past entries. Jump offers a look at just two members of the cast. Making an appearance from Final Fantasy I is Warrior of Light. From Final Fantasy IX comes Zidane Tribal. Jump also reveals that Kuja, one of the villains from FFIX, will make an appearance.

Square Enix originally described Dissidia as a Progressive Action game. We're still not sure what the progressive part means, but the action part of the equation is pretty clear. The game features close-range combat on a 3D battle field, complete with jumping and special skills.

We're expecting more details on Dissidia to emerge from the Square Enix Party this weekend, so be sure and check back with IGNPSP.

If nothing else, I am glad that the FF1-FF9 connections are going to be stronger in this game.

I knew that Garland was the same guy! Makes me feel better about kicking his ass in 9 while he is such a b.tch in 1.

hmm i'd have to agree with you on this one

Everyone is lame in FFIX. It's the easiest game in the series. You'll hit max damage without trying.

I would have to disagree on this. I like how they specialized the jobs in FFIX where only certain characters

can steal, cast magic or summon. The bosses are a bit on the easy side though. i don;t have much problems destroying Ozma. But the Hot N Cold mini game is oh so addictive!

BTW, this game look like Eirgheiz, a fighting game. COuld it be?

I would have to disagree on this. I like how they specialized the jobs in FFIX where only certain characters

can steal, cast magic or summon. The bosses are a bit on the easy side though. i don;t have much problems destroying Ozma. But the Hot N Cold mini game is oh so addictive!

Im torn on that. It made sense to have a Black Mage and a Knight, for instance, but having come straight off FF7 and 8, not being able to distribute Summon Monsters how you like really annoyed me. Having said that, I was never bothered to get enough pummice to learn Ark, or to beat Ozma, so I cant comment on how hard it gets later on. I blitzed through the game and just scraped past Kuja and Necron.

And a fighting game you think? Im thinking more Dirge of Cerberus-style action. But either way, a game with Light Warriors, Lenneth and hopefully Squal and Seifer in a ring together? Its got me sold~

Everyone is lame in FFIX. It's the easiest game in the series. You'll hit max damage without trying.

I liked the specialized jobs, too. That's how it's supposed to be. But the game can be finished with all of your characters at level one, and max damage is not some feat you've achieved after hard work, but something that just happens and is expected to be done. In truth, everything past six (except for 11 and possibly 12 as I haven't and don't intend to finish it) made 9999 or 99999 damage something you just had to reach to do everything which I find rediculous.