Zsnes perfect settings.

I've found these settings to be the very best i love it in game and playing full screen on any resolution the graphics look nice and sharp.

once open go up to video options.

once in pick a resolution and make sure its a DS setting.

so if you choose like me 1280x1024 you would pick

1280x1024 DS F

now down to the settings.

make sure Hi-Res Mode 7 is checked.

HQ3X is checked

VSYNC is checked

once you get in game it should work and look very very nice.

Enjoy!

HQ4x is better, but then again, all HQ filters eat a substantial amount of processing power and performance is dependant of the bandwidth between the CPU and the video card. So for some people using HQxx can be detrimental to the gameplay experience if they can't reach a stable 60/60 frames per second (or 50/50 for PAL).

Triple Buffering usually works better than VSync (and Triple Buffering also enables VSync). Enabling Hi Res MODE7 disables filtering for all sprites that are used along with MODE7 effects (e.g. sprites on top of a background that uses MODE7 will not be filtered).

Well, what works for you I guess.

HQ4x is better, but then again, all HQ filters eat a substantial amount of processing power and performance is dependant of the bandwidth between the CPU and the video card. So for some people using HQxx can be detrimental to the gameplay experience if they can't reach a stable 60/60 frames per second (or 50/50 for PAL).

Triple Buffering usually works better than VSync (and Triple Buffering also enables VSync). Enabling Hi Res MODE7 disables filtering for all sprites that are used along with MODE7 effects (e.g. sprites on top of a background that uses MODE7 will not be filtered).

Well, what works for you I guess.

hmm I don't have HQ4X... what version of zsnes are you using?

SVN buid. Post-1.51.

Regardless, HQ4x has been in ZSNES for ages. You need to use 1280x1024 for HQ4x to be selectable.

>_> i do use 1280x1024 hmm... ill look into this