Spider-Man 3

they ruined this movie sorta like how they ruined xmen 3. Everything was just rushed filled with these cheesy twists (I still don't know how they squeeze 3 villains into 2 hours). But then again, at the begining it seems to progressively nice and well then sh!t starting to hit the fan after 15 mins or so. I'm glad I visit the local pirate theater to watch this (it was good quality too). But never again I would want to watch it again, Hell I don't even want to see what's next (spider man 4? pffft) unless they manage to clean up all this mess. Still regret losing 2 hours of my life thanks to this film.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they have scripts/contracts all the way up to spiderman 6 if i remember right, it might have even been 8.

i think what they where trying to do with that is keep it interesting for people who read the comic books, they wanted to change it a little bit or you would already know everything that happens. Personally i dont care if it follows the comic books because A. I didn't read very many of them, and B. Its not an interesting/important enough story for it to have to follow the original storyline, Just make it not suck.

I can't really decide if i like it or not because while it had some really corny over the top parts it also had some really cool parts. My friend was trying to convince me that it was supposed to be corny like that because it was directed by the guy who directed Evil Dead and "thats how he directs" and it was one of the coolest movies ever - I think a beating is in order for him.

Wow...usually I'm the one ranting against movies and Hollywood crap.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film. I felt like a 14 year old walking out of it. "Hey, dood!" I said to my friend, "did you see the bit where Spidey and Sandman were fighting, and then...THAT WAS SO COOL!" You get the picture.

The action scenes were amazing. Martial arts on steroids, charged with a warp drive taking place 50 blocks above ground level. The special effects looked great. There was alot packed into the movie, but I felt it was (more or less) neatly done.

The emo bit with the black suit was supposed to illuminate that the symbiote doesn't just makes you stronger, it also makes you an asshole and repulsive to others, and I thought it worked, in a very entertaining way.

The film was as much a much morality play, with questions about power, responsibility, love, revenge and forgiveness, as it was an action/superhero film. Alot of hero films try that but end up looking tacky. I thought that it worked reasonably well in this film.

Sure, there were dodgy bits - like the part with Green Goblin's butler - but I thought they were few and far between, and didn't detract too much from the final product.

I too however, wished for a more bulkier Venom. And he didn't have a long tongue, if I remember correctly.

Even so, I loved this movie! I liked the first two but I liked this one better, because this one took risks, instead of following the usual superhero formula, which is what the two prequels did. Risks never entirely pay off, hence the criticism IMO, but they worked out well enough for me in this film.

And I don't think there will be anymore Spiderman films - this one tied up all the ends, and Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst don't wish to play these characters anymore.

Edited by Chaotica

I meant, Venom in the movie (IIRC) didn't have a long tongue...and I missed the Venom from the comics that did have that disgustingly long tongue! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Did Venom in the movie have a long tongue? I can't remember, and I just saw the film last night.

flock YOU AND YOUR DAMN SPOILER!!! I READ 1 POST! AND IT HAD! HAD! TO BE YOURS! THANKS A BUNCH JACKASS!

Ehh I'm grabbing it now.

Yeah I love you too.

one part i actually laughed at for the first time in spiderman movies was at the start where harry gets closelined by the string of web spidey had across the ally and made him look like a human pinball lol!

one part i actually laughed at for the first time in spiderman movies was at the start where harry gets closelined by the string of web spidey had across the ally and made him look like a human pinball lol!

It is 'clotheslined' and yeh that got a good laugh out of the cinema where I saw it as well. Actually, some hoons really messed up my viewing. To get a sense of it, when MJ and Harry get close and are about to kiss, a bunch of these yobbos yelled out 'slut!!!', and then later when Peter webs the bomb and throws it back at Harry, they all started screaming 'HAHAHAHA he got smashed. Did you see that? Yeh HAHAHA what a loser'. Morons.

Oh and btw Rawrthness, trying to pronounce your name is giving me a headache B)