Favorite DOS game(s)?

Tie Fighter

Rise of the Tentacles

Full Throttle.

I already have Full Throttle and Tie Fighter. I am still looking for RIse of the Tentacles to complete my holy trinity of Best Dos Games ever (my opinion though)

Quest for glory/Hero's Quest (original sierra game, not the Point and click crap remake)

Monkey island 1 & 2.

and oh god, there are so many games that i can't rmember their names.... but i'd say the above plus all others mentioned in this thread.

Hard to nail down one favourite, I would say Syndicate but I only had an Amiga at that time so the Amiga versions the one I like best, Doom is an obvious contender as is Doom 2 or Duke3D, Shadow Warrior etc..

I think I'll go with Syndicate Wars though, the good stuff from the first game turned up a bit and some bigger bangs from new weapons, the bank robbing was a nice touch to earn extra cash as well

I changed the topic to include games because I didn't even follow my own guidelines. :P

I'm surprised no one ever said X-com though. That's usually one of the top games on people's list

I remember just going on old sites like Lordsoth, at least I think that was it, and downloading/trying all these freeware DOS games.

I forgot to mention the best one, Marshmallow Duel.

Hugo's House of Horrors III

Street Rod 2

That's about all... not very many DOS games had much replay value to me as a child -- I enjoyed my Sega Master System and Sega Genesis much more.

Quest for glory/Hero's Quest (original sierra game, not the Point and click crap remake)

Monkey island 1 & 2.

Indeed, those were excellent games. The second Quest for Glory was awesome too.

Hard to nail down one favourite, I would say Syndicate but I only had an Amiga at that time so the Amiga versions the one I like best, Doom is an obvious contender as is Doom 2 or Duke3D, Shadow Warrior etc..

Syndicate was a great game. I'm hoping that franchise will be resurrected when publishers see that some of the best game ideas were from the old days like Syndicate and Dungeon Keeper.

I changed the topic to include games because I didn't even follow my own guidelines. :P

I'm surprised no one ever said X-com though. That's usually one of the top games on people's list

Ah yes, X-Com...what a great, yet horrifically hard game. I could only do well in the first one. The second one, Terror from the Deep, was way too hard for me as a kid and it's still hard. I just started playing through it again on Steam and it is not an easy game.