FBA XXX Pro 1.29 (or the "next" version)

Is Djohng dead?

no. Just got back to US from Argentina (real-life business related)

I havent release yet, due to a bug in the video selection; it crept in before I left on my vacation & business trip. Just now jumping back in to squash it.

Plus add more drivers, that have been recenttly added by others on the PC version.

-djohng

Is Djohng dead?

I havent release yet, due to a bug in the video selection; it crept in before I left on my vacation & business trip. Just now jumping back in to squash it.

Plus add more drivers, that have been recenttly added by others on the PC version.

-djohng

Like PGM? :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...
Don't mess with those transcoders anymore. The xbox now supports a VGA completely with the new vga bios. 720p and 1080i work flawlessly, and there is no more reverting back to green screen on some 480p xbox games. Emulators in 720p via the vga bios looks amazing.

How i do that man ??? I have to flash my xbox ??

ps: i have a 1.6 xbox i think is xcalibur the vga chip...

djohng: I realise the concept of FBA-XXX Pro is from more of a collectors point of view, but is there any chance at all of adding hiscore.dat support to fba?. I realise we can use save states as a workaround but maybe an option of 'automatically loading last savestate' can be added?.

The Neo-Geo memory card feature is buggy as doesn't work as intended so we haven't even the support for Neo-Geo scores.

I'd really like to see some type of hi score support in FBA-XXX Pro someday.

Thanks,

Ebsy

-djohng

Yo Djohng!

Please please add the CPS3 drivers to FBAXXXPro.. be awesome if you could..

as you know the roms are avail at the usual places and a few CPS3 games are

supported in the latest mame build

JoJo's Venture, Street Fighter III (2nd Impact), (3rd Strike), Red Earth

Would the XBOX have enough power to handle the juice?

:P

:(

Edited by Mystikos

-djohng

Yo Djohng!

Please please add the CPS3 drivers to FBAXXXPro.. be awesome if you could..

as you know the roms are avail at the usual places and a few CPS3 games are

supported in the latest mame build

JoJo's Venture, Street Fighter III (2nd Impact), (3rd Strike), Red Earth

Would the XBOX have enough power to handle the juice?

:P

:(

CPS-3 for fba is being worked on. As for if the xbox can handle it... who knows? It all depends on what cpu core is used, how much work is needed to decode the graphics, etc. It is really too soon to know.

great news, Djohng!

there's only really one thing i'm fussing about in FBA XXX Pro: it's arcade perfect display. i've been running FBA XXX Pro in my Aero City arcade cabinets for a long time now and i love it, but when i saw real arcade versions of Samurai Shodown 4 and Marvel VS Capcom recently, i could very easily tell between the two. i know it looks very, very close and plays exactly the same, but i can still see the difference.

i'm using the settings that +T+ gave me some time ago when i asked him about this (i agree these look the best on my arcade monitors so far):

No software filter

Flicker Filter : 0

Hardware Filter: Linear

edit:

this is a very crappy description of the difference that i see. when a large sprite suddenly moves from one position to another, i can still see several lines from that old sprite on the previous position for a REALLY short time. this is really obvious when there's a lot of motion on the screen, and somehow very obvious in KOF games. sorry if that's rather vague, i'll try and find a situation that clearly shows this the next time i play.

Edited by Ix444333