FBA XXX Pro 1.29 (or the "next" version)

Update FBA XXX Pro 1.29

The next version of FBA XXX Pro will be released within two weeks. This version brings new games/drivers closer to version 2.96.71. It also includes beta & neo-geo games, not in the PC version. There have been a significant amount of new games added, and testing each driver is a task within itself!

On a side note; +T+ has asked that I take over the lead & coordination for the FBA-XXX Pro project.

+T+ and I started down a parallel path several years ago when the source code for FBA-XXX was released. We both envisioned a version that was not for the casual, mainstream xbox gamer, but a version, which used the latest versions of games for the hard-core, emulator fan. My FBA-Xtreme, and his FBA-XXX Pro.

Thoughout the past few years, we have coordinated efforts, shared ideas (especially, when one of us was stuck with a code problem) or new features (like the kiosk mode for arcade cabinets.) +T+ was much a hard-core coder as he is a gamer...which drove quick releases and updates on a regular basis. :banghead:

I would like to publically thank +T+ for our "virtual" friendship, ideas and passion for moving the xbox emulator community in a positive direction.

Please send him your best wishes for future endeavors; he has offered to jump in to help from time to time, so he is not leaving!...just taking a break.

So, I am starting this new thread for the reasons above, and if you are interested in new features, find bugs, issues, etc. to post them here or send me an email with the new release.

I will announce on the forums when it is posted on xbins...I'm trying to get it released by May 12 (before I head out on vacation for 2+ weeks :angry: )

Happy Gaming!

-djohng

• Like 1

I've been wondering why +T+ hasn't been on MSN in aaages. Well, good luck +T+ (I'm sure i'll hear from you at some point). And congrats Djohng, if you need anything, feel free to ask me as well. :P

Nice, been a while since i last updated fba-xxx pro heh

Hello guys. Just want to let someone know that Kof2000 encrypted and Kof2000n (non encrypted) will NOT boot in HD mode. These will only load in 480i for some reason. When I enable 720p or 1080i, the loading bar stops halfway and stays there.

I don't know if FBA extreme will adopt the same features, but I figured I give this info to Djohn anyway. I wish I had an HDtv a two months ago so I could have caught this.

I'm so excited about the future of this emu.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone can help me with fbaxxx 1.28 ?? i bought a x2vga+ and when i run the fbaxxx i cant put in 720 or 480i mode. When i choose, the emu freeze, and i have to reboot manually. Any idea ??

Ps: sorry bout my english.

Just a couple of bugs i`ve noticed in ver 1.28

outzone...default difficulty very high and altering it in dipswitch setting makes no difference

pbobblen...sound when launching bubble`s missing also missing in clone

outzoneb...enemies invisible at moving platforms on level 4

• 2 weeks later...
Someone can help me with fbaxxx 1.28 ?? i bought a x2vga+ and when i run the fbaxxx i cant put in 720 or 480i mode. When i choose, the emu freeze, and i have to reboot manually. Any idea ??

Ps: sorry bout my english.

Don't mess with those transcoders anymore. The xbox now supports a VGA completely with the new vga bios. 720p and 1080i work flawlessly, and there is no more reverting back to green screen on some 480p xbox games. Emulators in 720p via the vga bios looks amazing.