Problem with WFC

Hisoka

First of all, thanks to everyone that viewed this topic knowing it was just another "help me" thread.

So i'm quite new to the mod game and have recently purchased an M3 simply and Nintendo ds lite(both purchased within the month). I've ran into some issues that i was hopeing those with the know how could enlighten me on the answers.

For some reason the WFC(not sure if i'm using the correct term but its when i try to connect via wifi to battle people online in games like starfox) doesn't work with my backup roms. I don't think it is the ds lite as i can play starfox with wfc just fine. However when i try to use Wfc with the m3 simply it can never connect. I have tried to research and so far it seems the new ds lites have some sort of upgrade that makes the m3 simply passcard invalid. I have tested download play and that seems to be working fine.I haven't tested an m3 simply connecting with another m3 simply(already purchased but still waiting for the second nds and m3 simply to ship here, hopefully ordering another m3 simply wasn't a mistake.)

So my questions to you all

1. Is there anyway to play wfc backup roms with my m3 simply(and 1gb mircro sd card) without purchaseing anything else?

2.If the answer is yes to question 1, where would i go about doing this(links to guides or downloads appreciated)?

3. If not, what is the cheapest item i can purchase to make this work?(i only want to play backup nds roms for 4 games at the momment)

Any help is greatly appreciated

Edited by Hisoka

I'm not sure why you can't connect... I can connect just fine with backed up ROMs on my R4 (which is essentially the same as the M3) :banghead: I can't think of anything right now, but I'll look into it.

I'm not sure why you can't connect... I can connect just fine with backed up ROMs on my R4 (which is essentially the same as the M3) :banghead: I can't think of anything right now, but I'll look into it.

Well thanks for the reply

As said I purchased another ds lite and m3 simply so i'll see if something is defective. Anyone else have thoughts on why this isn't working?

hey mooney what is the point of getting backup roms, is there any advantage than just playing the regular cartridge.

Well, ya see... *cough* um... the term "backup" is usually used to describe illegally downloaded ROMs or a ROM that you dumped to your PC from your original cart because you either want to play it on your PC or put it on a flashcard (M3 Simply, R4, etc). People use flashcards because a flashcard enables you to have multiple DS games on a single DS card.